Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 727088 times)

Tracey E

Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #1605 on: May 20, 2019, 12:22:04 PM »

No there isn't . The progesterone used in a patch is Notethisterone.

You could try Provera which is a capsule like Utrogestan. Done ladies find that Provera suits them better x

Is this bioidentical Dotty ? X

Dotty

« Reply #1606 on: May 20, 2019, 12:32:39 PM »

No the only body identical progesterone is Utrogestan x

Hurdity

« Reply #1607 on: May 20, 2019, 07:06:39 PM »

Tracey E -  there is another body-identical progesterone - Cyclogest - but is not licensed for HRT although some gynaes prescribe it for this purpose. It is the progesterone that used to be prescribed for HRT before Utrogestan was available and was the one I used for the first 4 years of HRT. It comes as a waxy pessary/suppository so can be inserted in either orifice! It is still available as a fertility treatment. I got it on NHS from my GP from 2007 to 2011. I now use Utro vaginally.

You might need to ask for referral to a meno clinic in order to try it as most GPs would probably throw up their hands in horror (given that lots of them haven't even heard of utrogestan!).

Dotty - I'm interested that Provera is a capsule like Utrogestan - for some reason I thought it was a tablet (as in solid white thing!)!

Hurdity x

Elmsey

« Reply #1608 on: May 20, 2019, 10:27:23 PM »

See my other post but,

I have a breakthrough bleed.  If i try to take Utro vaginally I assume it would not absorb?  Should I stop or take orally?

Ladybt28

« Reply #1609 on: May 20, 2019, 11:25:27 PM »

Hurdity the Provera 5mg I was given in the UK is definitely a flat white tablet.  Do you think the are different elsewhere in the world I wonder? Dotty can you tell us about Provera capsules?

Tracey E

« Reply #1610 on: May 21, 2019, 05:30:48 AM »

Tracey E -  there is another body-identical progesterone - Cyclogest - but is not licensed for HRT although some gynaes prescribe it for this purpose. It is the progesterone that used to be prescribed for HRT before Utrogestan was available and was the one I used for the first 4 years of HRT. It comes as a waxy pessary/suppository so can be inserted in either orifice! It is still available as a fertility treatment. I got it on NHS from my GP from 2007 to 2011. I now use Utro vaginally.

You might need to ask for referral to a meno clinic in order to try it as most GPs would probably throw up their hands in horror (given that lots of them haven't even heard of utrogestan!).

Dotty - I'm interested that Provera is a capsule like Utrogestan - for some reason I thought it was a tablet (as in solid white thing!)!

Hurdity x

Hi Hurdity,

I tried Utrogestan for the first time last night anally. No idea if this will work or not but it's my last resort with Utrogestan. I guess my body just doesn't like progesterone full stop.

Interesting about the Cyclogest though, why did you change to Utrogestan when that was working?

Tracey.X

Dotty

« Reply #1611 on: May 21, 2019, 10:28:25 AM »

Hi I think I got it wrong about Provera being a capsule.  I wrongly presumed it was the same as Utrogestan. I'm really sorry for posting the wrong information x

Ladybt28

« Reply #1612 on: May 21, 2019, 11:50:36 AM »

Hey Dotty don't worry - not really wrong info - there are so many variations of stuff around the world - it would just have been interesting if there was Provera in capsule form.  If we don't ask questions how will we find out things?  :)

fluffyfittall

• First Flush
« Reply #1613 on: May 21, 2019, 11:57:14 AM »

HI Tipsydilly

I ws on femoston 2/10 and last week had a mirena fitted and was given the ostrogel and told 1 pump each arm once a day (2) pumps??

I have had night sweats back an the occasional powersurge, so was wondering if this was enough for me.. I see you have  3/4 pumps and say that is the equivalent of 2/10 femosotn, I have called Dr and requested a phone appointment to discuss but really don't want another sleepless hot night  :(

Ladybt28

« Reply #1614 on: May 21, 2019, 12:06:22 PM »

Hi fluffyfittall - you have only just changed from one regime to another so there will be disruption for another week or so I think. I was told 2 pumps to start with but over a period of 5 months I found that I needed 4 pumps to feel well which is considered quite a high dose.  It's hard to work out what is "equivalent" treatment when our bodies react so differently to each kind of hrt.  My GP's swore blind they were all the same but I had to try 5 kinds before getting something that really worked for me.  I couldn't use Femoston - it made me so nauseous but I can use oestrogel and utrogestan.
Maybe give it a few days more to see if 2 pumps settles it before upping the dose although when something was working and now things aren't working it's disappointing and flaming uncomfortable  >:( ::)

Hurdity

« Reply #1615 on: May 22, 2019, 08:16:34 AM »

Hurdity x

Hi Hurdity,

I tried Utrogestan for the first time last night anally. No idea if this will work or not but it's my last resort with Utrogestan. I guess my body just doesn't like progesterone full stop.

Interesting about the Cyclogest though, why did you change to Utrogestan when that was working?

Tracey.X

I stopped HRT completely for 3 months and when I decided to restart I went onto very low dose patches (as per my doc suggestion)  and intermittent but continuous Cyclogest but flushes and sweats returned so I wanted to go back up to 50 mcg. By this time is was late 2011 and I came onto this forum more often and Utrogestan was being discussed - probably only recently licensed for HRT around that time. I didn't want to go onto continuous progesterone and as Utro was licensed (though not vaginally) thought I would give it a try cyclically.

I would suggest it's not a very good idea to use Utrogestan anally as it is not designed to be used for that purpose whereas Cyclogest is designed to be absorbed as I said when used either way. It may well be absorbed in rectum but not sure whether there are any data on this so you want to be sure you are protecting the uterus adequately. Maybe see if your doc can prescribe it off licence for you for HRT?

Hurdity x

Hurdity

« Reply #1616 on: May 22, 2019, 08:20:45 AM »

See my other post but,

I have a breakthrough bleed.  If i try to take Utro vaginally I assume it would not absorb?  Should I stop or take orally?

I see your point - haven't seen your other post. If your bleed is heavy you are thinking that the prog might be carried down and out of the vagina by the general flow? I don't think there is any guidance on this? Personally if your bleed is light I would continue to use it but if heavy maybe just for that day take it orally? What does your doc say?

Hurdity x

juliemargaret

« Reply #1617 on: May 29, 2019, 12:51:23 PM »

Dear all. Hi. Im.new to this site and.. need some help.! Im nearly 48 and have been peri meno for several yrs. I have teied every bit of self help but the last few months reaches a place of overwhelment and enormous fatigue, no motivation.and a general.feeling of.could t see te lught at the end! Im.rather clued up and in tune with my body and swore if neber go.down the hrt route. Ive not been on any conteaception.for 20 odd yrs...so my body was running 'naturally'.  For the past 18 months too..more physical symptoms...very tender coccyx bone, dark bruise like corners under eyes, tbinnkin hair - in a nutshell ive not sort of known myself. If this even makes sense? Lost my glow and mojo so to speak. My periods still.exist but had waned and become irregular. My ladt one was 5 weeks ago.
Anyway.....long tale short i.came acroas hrt.....and part of my intuition told me that this could well be the miasing piece of the puzzle - im.lacking in essential hornones!  I did weeks of research...ummed and ahhed..worried and woed. I visited my gp armed with info (dr louisa newsons website) and she is very suppportive ..and prescribed me.elleste duo which I refused and requested estrogel and ustrogesten. She said she would research as werent available on nhs....she then realised they.are and she prescribed me them. I am now on day 6 of 2 pumps.of gel....and 3 days into ustrogesten - i chose to take the Ustro vaginally and on alternate days...no breaks....and at the advice of dr newson.
So....so.far not felt any changes ..but aware early days......but this morn had little period pain like cramps in tum..and im.now bleeding ! Can anyone talk.to  me about this? Dr Louisa said alternate days and to check in after 4.weeks...see how om doing. Is it normal to bleed??  I inserted the tab last night..next one will be tomorow and so forth. Any adcise and general reassurance would be lovely. Part of me is already regretting my decision and wondering if i have made the right one !!!

JM x

Sparkler

« Reply #1618 on: May 29, 2019, 03:18:46 PM »

Hi there

I am no expert at all but started to bleed day 6 of my very first hrt month. I figured I was just my own hormones doing their thing and I haven't had any bleed since (now on month 3). I am on sequential hrt, so different to you, but try not to worry and give it time to settle.

S
Xx

Tracey E

« Reply #1619 on: May 29, 2019, 06:33:52 PM »

Can I ask will the bloating eventually dissipate with this regime. I've gained 6lb in weight in just over two months and it all seems to be on my tummy.  :-\
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 187