Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 728053 times)

Dotty

Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #1485 on: February 15, 2019, 07:36:25 PM »

Birdy .... I really feel for you . I've been where you are. Start with the Oestrogel and stop the lozenges xx

Jules53

« Reply #1486 on: February 15, 2019, 08:21:23 PM »

Hi again ladies

I have been on Oestrodose 1.5 pumps a day so far) and Utrogestan 100mg (orally) for 16 days now. Overall I feel much calmer, which is great, but I am getting bad pains in my stomach (like a sore knot feeling in the top of my stomach). It's there when I wake up in the morning and eases as the day goes on.  Also, in the last 2 days I have started to itch all over.

I think it may be the Utrogestan so I booked a call with the doctor today to ask if it would be better for me to take it vaginally. Unfortunately my doctor isn't in on a Friday and the doctor I spoke to didn't know so has booked me a call with my doctor on Monday! I'm not sure what to do over the weekend- she told me to carry on as I have been until I speak to my doctor.  Not helpful!  The itching is really bad so I've taken an antihistamine this evening.

I really want to stick with these 2 and I know it's early days but I just wanted to ask if anyone else has had these symptoms and whether they went away.  Any comments/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Jules x

Dotty

« Reply #1487 on: February 15, 2019, 08:23:44 PM »

Jules.... has the itching just started? Itching can be a symptom of low oestrogen x

Jules53

« Reply #1488 on: February 15, 2019, 08:38:07 PM »

Hi Dotty

Yes it starting last night but has got worse today. I increased to 1.5 pumps of Oestrogel today x

Jules53

« Reply #1489 on: February 15, 2019, 09:33:10 PM »

Thanks Stellajane. No I haven't eaten anything different today. If I don't take the Utrogestan tonight or for the next few days, will I get a bleed?

I haven't had a period for 2 and a half years so am on continuous Utrogestan x

Jules53

« Reply #1490 on: February 16, 2019, 07:58:40 AM »

Thanks both. I didn't take the Utrogestan last night and haven't woken up itching this morning. Am speaking to the doctor on Monday but am not sure what to do and whether to take it tonight and tomorrow night or not.

Will I have a bleed if I don't take it for a few nights? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks x

LW44

« Reply #1491 on: February 16, 2019, 11:05:58 AM »

Hi Jules

I took it for 6 days then stopped.. ive not had a bleed for 7 months.. after about 3 days from stopping i had a bleed  not heavy and only lasted 3 days, hope this helps x

Gardening Girl

« Reply #1492 on: February 16, 2019, 06:33:07 PM »

Has anyone found that they started having negative effects from Utrogestan after being on it for a while, I've been on it for about 4 years on a continuous basis (100 mgs)?

Goosieloosie

« Reply #1493 on: February 16, 2019, 07:48:17 PM »

Yes, I'm on day 7 of the utrogestan course right now after using it for 3 year's & I've had migraine for the last 4 mornings when I've woken up plus I'm so depressed & emotional this cycle, I burst into tears earlier over someone's sick hamster. I'm never normally like this until the drop at the end when I'm waiting for the bleed. I'm 4 & half years post Meno & take utrogestan vaginally on a cycle where I still have a bleed. I feel really anxious & impatient too. 😥

Jules53

« Reply #1494 on: February 16, 2019, 08:28:06 PM »

Thanks LW44 and Stellajane.

I have still been quite itchy today (but no stomach pain) and didn't take the Utrogestan last night. However, I went up 2 pumps of Oestrogel this morning and things have calmed right down today😁. Am going to try the Utrogestan again tonight and if my stomach is bad again in the morning, will ask the doctor on Monday if I can try using it vaginally. I am still hopeful that this is the right HRT for me 😁x

Gardening Girl

« Reply #1495 on: February 16, 2019, 08:40:11 PM »

Isn't getting older great! I was fine on Utrogestan for the first 2 years, then I started to feel not as energetic, a bit more anxious and down. Last year the dr told me to reduce my Evorel patch from 100 to 75, and the anxiety got worse, I went back up to 100 to stabilise things. The dr told me to reduce more slowly, which I did, but in January this year my anxiety went horrific, insomnia and depressed mood and ended up at a&e. I am already on anti depressants and have been for 20 years, and have been stable for about 7 years, I assume the lower dose patch made the Utrogestan more effective. I went back to higher dose patch to try to stabilise things, but so far not succeeded, so I'm now on sleeping tablets and anti anxiety meds. I hope things improve soon before I totally lose my marbles!

Dotty

« Reply #1496 on: February 17, 2019, 06:00:54 PM »

Birdy ... sorry to hear that. It will get better once you get on the right type and dose of hrt. I speak from experience 😄 x

Gardening Girl

« Reply #1497 on: February 17, 2019, 09:06:39 PM »

Hope you feel better soon Birdy and to everyone else who's in a bad place at the moment. Life can certainly be hard work to say the least.

CrazyHorses

• First Flush
« Reply #1498 on: February 18, 2019, 04:02:13 PM »

Hi everyone!
I recently started oestrogel/ utrogestan regime having been on various other sequential treatments over last year or so. I am 54 and had my last 'natural' bleed in August 2017.
I've been taking 3 pumps of gel and last night started the 12days of Utrogestan -100mg vaginally.
Bit concerned today as I have already started bleeding! Not heavy but more than spotting.
Is this ok? Should I be worried?
Thanks
CH x

Ladybt28

« Reply #1499 on: February 18, 2019, 04:19:18 PM »

Hi Crazyhorses - how long is it since you started this regime, is it new for you and/or have your recently changed from something else?  Would you have been due to start bleeding now on the "something else"?
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 187