Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 727111 times)

Nikkisyard

Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #1290 on: June 30, 2018, 05:34:17 PM »

Hmm.... but I have Utrogestan200 not 100... and I can't see a Doc for some time (long story).
Why would she have given me 200 not 100?

Dotty

« Reply #1291 on: June 30, 2018, 07:09:51 PM »

200 is for sequential hrt.

Nikkisyard

« Reply #1292 on: July 01, 2018, 06:31:26 AM »

Sheesh then I was prescribed the wrong HRT..... great. :sigh:
Can the pessaries be halved?

Dotty

« Reply #1293 on: July 01, 2018, 06:46:44 AM »

I don't think you can halve them. The 200mg pessaries are actually licensed for IVF and not HRT as far as I'm aware. You can use Utrogestan vaginally but it's not registered that way in UK.

You can use Utrogestan sequentially post meno if you wish.

Look at the treatments tab on this website and you will see the licensed treatments for post and peri menopause.

Nikkisyard

« Reply #1294 on: July 01, 2018, 08:10:43 AM »

Thanks ladies.

To be clear I’m in Switzerland so (when I am covered) I see a Doc here. She didn’t fill me with confidence and never explained my results to me or what HRT would offer me (neither did she ask my symptoms) and the Gynacologist was a joke. So I didn’t use these for years after being prescribed them.
Symptoms eased after a while but came back with a vengeance... so I folded and decided to take them.

So... after a week of one pump of Oestrogel I’m ok to take 2 and the Utrogestan200 sequentially?

I will probably look into what is available both here and in the UK... best I choose something available in both countries so the 100 daily might be the way to go. That said I’m often in Spain where I believe you can buy HRT treatment OTC... which would save the huge health bills in Swissland!

Nikkisyard

« Reply #1295 on: July 01, 2018, 08:18:39 AM »

Hi - it might be a good idea to start off using the Utrogestan sequentially anyway. It will give some time for the oestrogen to get into your system unopposed - also you'll be able to judge how you feel when you add the progesterone. If you feel fine then you'll know you'd be ok taking in every day, if less than fine you may decide you'd rather continue to take it once a month and put up with the bleed.
Thanks Stellajane... what should I be looking out for? At the moment I appear to have a bloated belly and weight gain... possibly some water retention in face? What could happen when I add the progesterone to the mix?

Hurdity

« Reply #1296 on: July 01, 2018, 10:10:26 AM »

Hi Nikkisyard - not sure if we've spoken? However if you are 5 years post-meno I would continue with the 1 pump for a few weeks until your body acclimatises and then increase to two pumps if you feel you need to and with your doctor's approval. If you have been without oestrogen for that long then there are bound to be side effects so you want to minimise these by reintroducing oestrogen gradually - I would say.

In terms of the progesterone - you have been given advice already - and it's a question of whether you want to bleed or not and take as discussed. Docs often get the dose of this wrong anyway (in UK) if they are unfamiliar with it! It's difficult to say when to start - you don't know (presumably) whether your womb lining might have built up a little since menopause and therefore need to shed ( ie maybe a heavier bleed to start with) or because you are so long snce menopause, whether it will have atrophied in which case minimal progesterone mnay be needed at first.

Personally, to be on the safe side I would introduce the 200 mg for 12 days once you have been taking oestrogen for 14 days (approx) and see if you get a bleed and then take it from there ( with your doc's supervision).

As Stellajane says - best to see how well you tolerate both hormones so starting sequentially is the way to go - and if you are oK with the prog then taking it continuously may well be more convenient (unless using vaginally and in a relationship). You might even be able to try a long cycle like we do so taking progesterone less frequently (if you don't tolerate it well) but still getting a bleed.

Hurdity x

Cassie

« Reply #1297 on: July 01, 2018, 10:47:06 AM »

I take 1 pump of the gel and I use the Utrogestan 100mg for 12 days a month as I found the 200mg too heavy. Even the 100mg gives me bloating and lower abdominal cramping like hectic period pains, I can put up with this for 12 days but I could never tolerate it daily, unfortunately its the Utro that is causing your bloating. If you use the 100mg and only for 12 days you will get a monthly bleed though, if you do not want a bleed you could try asking for the 100mg Utrogestan to use daily as she has given you the wrong dose for a daily dose, its way too heavy and too much progesterone, silly Dr.

menomum68

« Reply #1298 on: July 09, 2018, 09:36:57 AM »

Hi ladies.  I'm just starting on the Utrogestan/estrogel journey after an unsuccessful try-out of Femeston 1/10 (loved it for 2 weeks and hated it for 2.... i'm sure you can guess which 2!!).
My doc has suggested 2 pumps of the gel along with 1 x 100mg of utrogestan for 25 days.  I started on Friday and felt that I needed a little more estrogel so have upped it to 2 pumps and a bit and am taking the utrogestan at night orally.  It's not awful but certainly not great either, the utrogestan seems so strong.
I think i've read that I can use the same tablet vaginally but there's no mention in the leaflet... am I right?   Basically, pop (nicest word i could thing of) the capsule up there at night and all will be well in the morning.  I'm wondering if this may make me feel less spaced out and exhausted.
Any feedback would be very gratefully received.  I can't imagine I'm going to manage with these feelings for 25 days every month.

Cassie

« Reply #1299 on: July 09, 2018, 10:01:53 AM »

I agree with you memomum thats why I only use the Utrogestan 100mg for 12 days per mth, yes you just pop it in at night and it stays put until you go to the bathroom in the morning.

menomum68

« Reply #1300 on: July 09, 2018, 10:13:09 AM »

Thank you Cassie, now I'm wondering if I can get away with 12 days a month of 100mg or whether I would need to do 2 capsules (200 mg) per night to get the same dose in as prescribed. I'm peri but towards the end (generally around 10 months between periods).
It's a minefield isn't it!!

Cassie

« Reply #1301 on: July 09, 2018, 11:56:57 AM »

12 days per month should give adequate protection. I have been using it like this for over 10 yrs but I do go every year or 2 for a scan just to look at the lining of my uterus to check and I know by the withdrawal bleed that its doing its work.

Kimdg

« Reply #1302 on: July 09, 2018, 04:43:28 PM »

Hello everyone, I am in a similar position except I am post menopausal.  I am on 2 pumps of estrogel per day, 1 morning and 1 evening.  I am also on 100mg every day of utragestan.  I felt awful and changed to vaginally but am not sure taking it vaginally every day is ok.  I am thinking now that 12 days a month will be fine as per what you wrote Cassie.  Am more than happy to go for scans at local mothercare, but am not sure how long to leave it.  Only started on hrt a month ago and not due to see consultant until October.  Think I might give the 12 days a month a go.  I think I have been worried to go from everyday vaginally to 12 days vaginally because i keep reading that post menopause should be everyday. Anybody have any idea when I should get a scan?

Cassie

« Reply #1303 on: July 10, 2018, 05:20:44 AM »

A scan once per year is recommended or if you are experiencing any unusual bleeding etc.

Kimdg

« Reply #1304 on: July 10, 2018, 06:18:41 AM »

Thank you Cassie. Much appreciated as it's so daunting not knowing what I'm doing.
x
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 187