Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: just some fun on Sun night  (Read 8196 times)

andius

just some fun on Sun night
« on: December 10, 2013, 04:30:51 AM »

I had a colonoscopy today and all was well  ;D!

But last night I had to do the prep for it.

I decided to have some fun surfing the net while doing this as I knew it would take a while.

I read about the Duchess Kate wearing a tiara to an event last week, the first since her wedding.

This caused me to find an interesting website listed below.  I spent 6 hours drinking the prep, using the facilities  ::) and looking/reading about all kinds of tiaras and it was really FUN!!!!!

I recommend you check it out if you are so inclined or bored sometime! You can search tiaras by gemstone, country, and learn about their histories and various owners, sometimes many and sometimes many in different countries over centuries.  There are even contests and winners of types of tiaras! Reading the histories of some of these tiaras was fascinating to me.

www.atiaraaday.blogspot.com
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 04:37:16 AM by andius »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: just some fun on Sun night
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 11:24:22 AM »

Is this routine for Insurance purposes?   I'll certainly have a look-see at the web-site, I always wanted a tiara but have never been able to secure one on my very fine hair  ::)

Ju Ju

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 12:17:55 PM »

I am waiting for an appointment for a colonoscopy, so I think I shall order my tiara to wear while sitting on the throne the day before!  ;D

Great news that you are ok. Hopefully for me too. The consultant doesn't think there is anything wrong, but worth checking. The prep is worse that the procedure.

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 04:42:20 PM »

Oh the prep part is awful. I got one once whilst in hospital called Fleet. Omg truly awful it came as 2x2 litre jugs of ginger flavoured water. I took terrible reaction to the stuff. That and a very unsympathetic nurse in the hospital had me in a terrible state. Have had it done couple of times since with different prep & was fine.

Glad it went well andius!

Great picture in my head Ju Ju of you, your tiara & throne.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 04:47:00 PM by cubagirl »

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 07:55:08 PM »

Are you sure it was called Fleet CG.

It should have been called Sheet surely. Maybe from Spain  ;D

You would think they could come up with something better these days. A really unpleasant thing to do.

Perhaps wearing a tiara will make you feel better though.  ;D

Honeyb
X

Ju Ju

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 09:40:34 PM »

Had a phone call from the hospital for an appointment for a colonoscopy on Friday am. How appropriate this thread was for me! Think of me sitting on the throne in a tiara Thursday evening! :-\

Joyce

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 09:55:09 PM »

You could make one from tinsel.  ;) Hope it goes well Ju Ju.

Oh it was definitely called Fleet HB. Most awful experience ever! Not prepared to go into detail, but you can imagine.