Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Criticism and self-confidence  (Read 26859 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Criticism and self-confidence
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2013, 09:18:07 PM »

Well Done!  Jot 'it' down on The List and then ignore it  ;)

BreadFruit

« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2014, 12:24:13 PM »

My daughter who is 27 now and still living at home (she is looking for a place to buy now as she has the money and job to do so) is giving me a lecture that I need to exercise and need to get out and about. She was quite harsh with me. I told her that I did not have the energy to do so. Now that I am on HRT I may look at going to a gym.

These youngsters have no idea. I sent her some links from the internet to read. Just to give her an idea of what is coming her way.  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2014, 12:33:30 PM »

;D

Hoovering is good exercise, as is dusting: apparently  ;)

BreadFruit

« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2014, 12:37:51 PM »

;D

Hoovering is good exercise, as is dusting: apparently  ;)

I am usually very house proud. Since this started I have been a bit slack to my previous standard. I managed not to hover for two weeks once. Just could not be bothered.

Yes, housework is exercise, if you can get the energy to do it. For me cooking and putting the clothes in the washing machine and dryer was the height of what I could manage on most days.

CLKD

« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2014, 12:39:02 PM »

I find if I keep going once out of bed I'm OK - but once I sit down for lunch, then it is difficult to be bothered  ::)

nicros

« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2014, 01:13:54 PM »

Hi I have just come onto this site and have put a thread on about confidence and anxiety just now. I feel exactly the same in that I was never rhino skinned but seem to ruminate about every little negative comment and worry about it for ages. I hate doing this and try not to but this lack of confidence has crept up in the last couple of years. Try to come across as calm but always feel like the duck madly paddling under the surface. Even have to take a deep breath before I get out the car to pick my daughter up from school in case someone makes a comment that I take to heart which feels ridiculous. Hope my new hrt kicks in soon  :)

CLKD

« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2014, 08:29:33 PM »

It's like being a teen all over again ..........  >:(

mamakaren

« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2014, 08:55:11 PM »

I have had the same problems. Little things get me so upset, things that probably wouldn't bother me before. I obsess over everything.

It seems that if my kids are involved it is even worse. If one of them has a problem, i have trouble coping and am often at a loss to help them because I am so upset. I have a 14 year old daughter who is just discovering her hormones and the two of us oftem end up in tears!

CLKD

« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2014, 10:16:13 PM »

So when you are not as hormonal sit down and talk!  Having a buzz word if you argue over silly issues can help!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]