Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Nelson Mandela  (Read 10269 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Nelson Mandela
« on: December 05, 2013, 09:48:16 PM »

gone  :'(  :-\

Joyce

Re: Nelson Mandela
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 10:38:49 PM »

Amazed he lasted this long. The world has lost a great man!

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 11:17:58 PM »

He is at peace now after a long struggle.

A world changing man.

Honeyb
X

Suzi Q

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 07:02:01 AM »

He was a good man no dought
BUT when he was young we all forget he was a terrorist
He was in jail for blowing up a seaside resort killing men women and children
NOW I hate racisism of any kind but with Mandela Ive always been in a conundrum
Its like in 15 years time they letting out the People who blew up Enikillan calling them great!
I suppose this makes me a weirdo and not nice but I do and did think he was a lovely Man NOW

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 07:37:38 AM »

Idealists can grow up I suppose. Whilst incarcerated I believe in solitary confinement, he had plenty of time to think about how to get his message across.

milly

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 01:04:38 PM »

No Suzi Q, you are not alone,

I have the same dilemma, and in truth I think a lot of people our age do, but I make it right in my mind, by remembering that he did change so many more lives than the attack he was guilty off took.

History will see that legacy rather than his earlier life.

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 01:44:34 PM »

One person's terrorist is another's freedom fighter I suppose.

Just a pity that South Africa is one of the most dangerous places on earth.

Honeyb
Xx

Rowan

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2013, 01:54:13 PM »

I am in a dilemma too about his early life, also the family is already fighting over his millions.

OH thinks me very cynical , when I said do you think its just a coincidence that he died the same day his life story was Premiered at cinemas,

he had been on life support for six months.

I remember reading that there was worry about how the Tribes would react when he died.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2013, 03:23:47 PM »

Apparently a lot of the peace keeping ideas were arranged whilst he was in the Prison.  What's done is done, we should remember the 'peace keeper' ...........

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 03:48:40 PM »

WELL! so much for World wide security  :o

Apparently the man standing right NEXT to World leaders apparently signing was a FAKE! ............ travellers have to go through so much at Airports and now this foul up  :cuss:

honeybun

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2013, 04:12:08 PM »

I saw him on the news and did not recognise any of the sign language that he was using. I did think it very strange. He could have killed any of the world leaders.

One of my daughter's friends had a mum who was profoundly deaf. She taught us some basic sign language so that my daughter could "talk" to her mum. Her father was also deaf. It was a hard life for her.    Sorry off topic, it just brought it to mind.

Honeyb
X

Rowan

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2013, 04:40:34 PM »

I think the world has forgotten some History

"The National Party Government had no choice but to jail Mr Mandela. Nelson Mandela was the head of UmKhonto we Sizwe, (MK), the terrorist wing of the ANC and South African Communist Party. At his trial, he had pleaded guilty to 156 acts of public violence including mobilising terrorist bombing campaigns, which planted bombs in public places, including the Johannesburg railway station. Many innocent people, including women and children, were killed by Nelson Mandela¿s MK terrorists. "Tellingly, not only did Mandela refuse to renounce violence, Amnesty refused to take his case stating ¿[the] movement recorded that it could not give the name of ¿Prisoner of Conscience¿ to anyone associated with violence, even though as in ¿conventional warfare¿ a degree of restraint may be exercised.¿ He could have continued his legal practice, being a role model for other aspiring Blacks and showing the White Government that Blacks could function in Western civilisation but he chose violence"

Reading this more then anything upset me, I know it was more then forty years ago but it all still happened, and it shouldn't be forgotten.

I will remove this if anyone objects.

honeybun

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2013, 07:14:23 PM »

No objections from me SL. Very interesting. So much has been forgotten.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2013, 08:37:32 PM »

Good came out of horrors though …………. they did what they thought they had to do in order to achieve an end. 

I think that singing should be taught in Schools

Cassie

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2013, 12:34:39 PM »

I read that he is claiming that he is under treatment for Schizo and started hearing voices, and he was signing apparantly about Rocking horses and prawns and all sorts of nonsense, if it wasnt so disturbing, it would be very amusing!
Pages: [1] 2