Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Menopause and dizziness  (Read 3298 times)

Mystique

Menopause and dizziness
« on: December 03, 2013, 06:14:53 AM »

About 2 months ago, i was walking around the track and as i came to the end of the walk i had a flash of dizziness. It's not like the dizzy spells i used to get when i was anemic. This is something different.

I did some research and found that dizziness is very common in woman who are menopausal and many of them end up falling and breaking bones. I went to see the Dr and she said the same but she also said that dizziness can be caused by other things too (i knew she would but she was just being responsible). My gut instinct tells me that it's the menopause but i will be doing more tests since my yearly medical is due anyway.

Is anyone here experiencing something similar and if so what are you doing to cope? I was given some meds which target dizziness and so far they are helping but i'm just wondering if i have to take them forever??  :-\ :-\

bev567901

Re: Menopause and dizziness
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 07:45:50 AM »

I have always had dizziness the day before a period but just a little thing that makes you feel a bit off. Last month I did have a huge spell the night before my period started. It was like I was on a boat in rough seas I had to lie in bed but luckily it was bedtime. I have just put it down to another peri symptom as I am nearly 51. Had I been driving or out I have no idea what would have happened it was quite frightening. I hope it is something that is just temporary for you, I think it is something that can make you feel quite anxious so fingers crossed it does go away.xxx 

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 09:06:59 AM »

Hello Mystique.
A friend of mine had this problem during her menopause but as I recall it only happened a few times and then disappeared, hopefully yours will too.
Take care.
K.

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 11:28:20 AM »

I get it sometimes. No accounting for it. Just wondering if you're on HRT. If you've changed to different one or just started, it could be a surge of hormones.

bramble

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 01:07:38 PM »

I got this about 5-6 years ago. Lasted for about a year. My doctor's comment ' move more slowly'!!!!!

Bramble