Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Constant urination  (Read 12086 times)

Lynne888

Re: Constant urination
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2013, 09:26:15 PM »

Thanks for this millimoo. I haven't heard of the patches before. I will definitely ask! Xx

Milliemoo7

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2013, 01:39:25 PM »

I can highly recommend them Lynne. I tried the drugs but they gave me SUCH a dry mouth.  I've been on the patches for just over a week and so far today I've only BEEN twice and it's 1.40pm

x

Lynne888

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2013, 12:02:13 AM »

Yes the dry mouth is awful. My tongue sticks to the top of my mouth! I've been using vagifem every day again for a week now and the constant urge to urinate has not got any better. It's miserable:(

Suzi Q

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2013, 12:13:05 AM »

Lynne go to the Doctor ok dont suffer xxxxxxxxxxxx :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2013, 10:49:57 AM »

Dry mouth can be caused by dehydration too.  There are sweets and mouth sprays which can help with this.  It is miserable and I think your GP should refer you to a bladder clinic for an assessment or back to the Surgeon who did the procedure!

Lynne888

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2013, 03:47:41 PM »

Thought I would update you on my constant urination.  Basically I still have it.  I DID have an infection. I have taken 2 lots of antibiotics and I still have the constant urination.  I now also have thrush. I have treated it (yesterday) with a one off pessary but it's worse today.  I'm not sure what is wrong. I really thought the issue was the infection but as two lots of AB's haven't knocked it on the head, I do not know what to think. My biopsy came back clear in August so unless something has happened between then and now I cannot think what could be wrong.  I have to go for a doppler scan on 16th to check on a tiny cyst that was found when I had my previous scan 3 months ago but I can't imagine the cyst has grown big enough this quickly to cause any issues.  I have changed to vesicare, it always suited me better but no improvement yet. I finished the 2 weeks of vagifem every day on Thursday. In the past the vagiferm has started to work after 2 days.   It's all rather depressing with Christmas on the horizon.  I shall be speaking to my GP on the phone on Monday.

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2013, 05:21:00 PM »

:hug:  I can't imagine how you are coping  :-\

Was your urine sent for analysis so that you were given the 'right' ABs?  Thrush can be helped be eating LIVE yoghurt, when I suffered badly I had one pot in the bathroom to apply vaginally as high up aspossible: the other pot in the fridge  ;) eating large tablespoons several times a day.  It helps set right the bacteria in the gut!

Greek yoghurt is 'LIVE' - has it written in red on the pot  ;)

Taz2

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2013, 05:28:31 PM »

Are  you taking pro-biotics Lynne - the capsules have a higher number of whatever it is!

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2013, 07:21:21 PM »

Yogurts are good but really not strong enough.

You should buy a good capsule with billions of the right bacteria. Have you also consider D Mannose. A lot of people find it very successful for bladder health.

Honeyb
X

Lynne888

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2013, 12:45:12 PM »

Yes the urine was sent away and 2 AB's were recommended. I've had both now. I have got pro-biotics,but haven't taken them for a while as I have the pro-biotic drinks every day. I've also got my own yoghurt maker and make live yoghurt, just haven't bothered for a while so maybe I should get back on that.  I take D-mannose but don't think it has much effect on me.  Thanks for your suggestions girls. I will go and root out the pro-biotics.

Taz2

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2013, 12:56:32 PM »

Have you had the urine tested post-antibiotics? This is very important to make sure the bug has gone.

Taz

Lynne888

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2013, 02:09:58 PM »

Not yet, I am taking the last day of the second lot today.  I will be taking in another sample this week.  It's all a bit odd that these problems have only manifested themselves after the biopsy.

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2013, 04:31:51 PM »

You need to see the person who performed the biopsy!

Taz2

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2013, 06:56:16 PM »

Where was the biopsy taken from - sorry - if I knew I've forgotten!

Taz x

Lynne888

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2013, 08:07:47 PM »

Bladder biopsy. I have to go to hospital on16th. No chance of seeing the guy who did biopsy. Nothing was found so I'm no longer his patient but I am going to mention it all on 16th to whoever I see and hope that I can get some answers. If not I'm going to ask the GP to write to him
Pages: 1 [2] 3