Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Sweating  (Read 3617 times)

Sylvs

Sweating
« on: December 09, 2013, 07:22:50 PM »

Hi Everyone, I am back again.......... I keep feeling hot and sweating under boobs, back of knees and around tummy area.  I don't smell sweaty but get a smell of damp towels.  Going to try Emerita cream and ladycare magnet.  Sometimes I have 5 showers per day as hate the sweats and the heat coming from body. Sx

Taz2

Re: Sweating
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 07:32:34 PM »

Typical of a hot flush/sweat Sylvs - not pleasant. Do you have them through the night as well?

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 07:35:53 PM »

Really the only way to stop them is to use HRT.

Honeyb
X

Sylvs

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 07:38:36 PM »

Hi Taz, thanks for replying..........

Yep sometimes I can be soaking as if someone has poured water over me ........ but if you remember I have a couple of auto immune illnesses one being under active thyroid and also primary biliary cirrhosis...... where my immune system thinks my bile ducts in liver are foreign.

I have had two years of intense itching as if I have been stung by bees / nettles and had plasma exchange and more recently endometrial ablation as my periods got worse when itching started and the bleeding/clotting awful.  Had to change tampon and pad every hour for a day or so.  The itching has died down quite a bit since the operation so not sure if hormones play a big part as itching kicked off just period period, stopped when started bleeding and then towards end of period the itching was awful for approx 6 days and then relief and no itching.........

Sx

Sylvs

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 07:40:29 PM »

Thanks Honeyb for reply but I am not sure if I want to try HRT just yet as it will send my liver results off the scale!!  I have some HRT, not used it yet as was not allowed to use it prior to operation.....

Sx

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 07:43:59 PM »

If you use HRT patches then it does not effect your liver.
It's the first thing that someone with digestive issues and or liver issues should consider.
Perhaps ask your GP or consultant if this would be an option.

Honeyb
X

Sylvs

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 07:46:45 PM »

Oops Honeyb, I have contacted a doctor listed on her who lives in Aberdeen and that is what she said so she has written a letter to my GP so need to go and speak with GP......... I completely forgot all about it as split with partner a month ago just before operation and also dealing with a work friend who is very ill ........ Thank you for reminding me! Sx

Sylvs

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 07:48:01 PM »

Does anyone else get that horrible damp smell when having a flush or is it just me?! Sx

honeybun

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 07:54:47 PM »

I meant to ask. Did you get on the waiting list for a liver transplant.
I remember you mentioning it a long while ago.

Honeyb
X

Sylvs

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, 07:58:57 PM »

Honeyb, sorry I should have come back to you with this answer ages ago. .....  After speaking to others with my illness I was told that they will not transplant until stage 4 liver failure and I knew this and wrote to my consultant.  So when I was in hospital in Aug my consultant told me they no  longer do liver transplants for itching as a liver transplant is a big op and you have to take medication that can affect other parts of body like kidneys......... I think he was a tad embarrassed as I had already told him this at the beginning of year!!  I was supposed to go to Edinburgh Liver Transplant Unit but after operation and partner splitting I just had to cancel and thankfully I am hardly itching apart from when I get really stressed which was last weekend when one of the young lassies at work went into meltdown and is now in hospital.  She is from Peru and a lovely lass but has no family in UK and I just could not walk away like most people do........ Sx

honeybun

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2013, 08:06:27 PM »

Glad to hear that you are much better. It must have been a bit of a daunting thought to be facing a transplant. Hopefully you will never have to face this.

Now all you have to do is sort out your flushes.

Honeyb
X

Sylvs

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2013, 08:11:18 PM »

Yep sort out the hot flushes, come off sleeping meds as couldn't sleep for intense itching and find a new man....... thought I had my soulmate...... alas NO! Sx