Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: New to the forum - very grateful to have found you all  (Read 2240 times)

Alison M London

New to the forum - very grateful to have found you all
« on: October 22, 2013, 12:44:29 PM »

Hi I'm in London and would like to say just how much your site has helped me.  I've been on HRT for two weeks and thought I was going insane. Perimenopausal (I suspect anyway) for many years and suffering from depression. Was going to stop it because of 'side effects' but now feel much more hopeful.
The camaraderie, humour and vital information has made me feel so much better after the horror of a sweat-soaked sleepless night. I really never imagined that it could be so bad.
My husband has read your specific information and has just texted to say it was really useful. Hope so as he commented on the comment about printing it out and posting it on the fridge and I suggested I'd use the head of a spade  ;D
Thank you ladies. x

Greyhoundgal

Re: New to the forum - very grateful to have found you all
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 12:50:56 PM »

Hi and  :welcomemm:

You'll find a wealth of information on the website and the ladies on here are very helpful with any problems you may have - whatever it is someone else will likely have gone through it too.  Glad your husband read the mens section - I gave it to mine and he found it very helpful, it's good for them to know what's going on and what to expect from you.  Check out the funnies as well, there is usually a good giggle on there.

Alison M London

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 01:07:59 PM »

I will do that. Just thanks for this site. My mother had he most horrendous menopause back in the 80's which resulted in suicide attempts.  I have been dreading it ever since but seeing that what for her is taboo, is out there for me, is really very supportive as I'm an only child and my dad died earlier this year. We only moved to London two weeks before that and so it's been a quite lonely time and now I've embarked on the HRT after being scared of it for quite a while.

Promise to submit something to the humorous section - maybe husband's face imprinted on one of those snow shovels... ;)

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 05:14:31 PM »

Hello Alison M London and welcome to the forum.
I agree that it is such a help to talk to other women about their experiences. When all this fun started I'd check out the site, read up on the symptoms and know I was not alone and every time another horrible problem emerged I'd reassure my husband by telling him 'Don't worry, it's on the list'.
It's always good to talk but I believe that sometimes it is absolutely essential.
Take care.
K.