Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: where to put the vagifem?  (Read 38758 times)

ancient runner

Re: where to put the vagifem?
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2013, 09:32:44 AM »

Could it be for those who've gone for the half way up option that it's having a stronger effect on the outside, making a greater blood flow (as the research quoted suggested) but it's actually firing things up too much? When I was slapping Ovestin on the outside I did wonder if the effect was actually too great.

Katy

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2013, 10:21:03 AM »

I put a vagifem half way up Saturday and another Tuesday and the burning I was getting was horrendous - couldn't sleep for the pain.  Put another in last night higher and feel so much more confortable today, so will be sticking to higher up in future.

Katy x

Night_Owl

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2013, 11:23:45 AM »

I've tried two VF half way up now - and my bladder urgency is worse - however not sure if this would be happening anyway, randomly as it does - so will have to continue to trial it ....

Suzi Q - wondering what you're thinking about the half way up method of using VF?

Andius - I grind the flax seeds in a coffee grinder and have it on cereal or mixed in with yoghurt  - it's not great tasting, however it does also help maintain bowel health and I think helps relieve my meno symptoms - there's a lot of contradictory info on the web re: flax/estrogenic effect.

Hurdity - I'm interested in maybe changing to Ortho-Gynest pessaries as they're weaker than VF and possibly just as effective, however just read this - discontinued October 2013?

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/womens-health/medicines/ortho-gynest.html

Night_Owl
x

Hurdity

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2013, 04:28:09 PM »

Nooooooooooooooooo!
Thes are really fantastic - surely they can't discontinue them? I don't know what I'd do. I;ve just gone back to them...
Need to get stocks in

Hurdity x

Tingly

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2013, 06:19:31 PM »

Night owl...i did the 1/2 way up thing and had two decent days, but am a bit bladdery today
So next eperiment is one high up and one lower down.. Think will have to call in "the grand old duke of york" method..."when they were up they were up etc....!!!"
Luv
Tingly
Xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2013, 03:21:45 PM »

NOOOOOOO - I feel sick with fear now  :'( - will send my Surgery a query ........

andius

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2013, 05:25:19 PM »

Well, it seems a handful of us have now tried this for a couple of doses with no definite improvement except maybe? Some for Tingly?

Tingly
Ancient
R4
Night owl
Katy
Andius

Anyone else?

Night_Owl

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2013, 07:21:30 PM »

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news re: Ortho-Gynest UK discontinuance - hope they've got it wrong?

3rd time use of half way up the stairs - and all seems okay today.  Not too 'bladdery' - Tingly, I like that expression, ha ha.

Think I'm going to try it for about a month to see how it goes.  I use alternate days.

Night_Owl
x

R4CT0M

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2013, 08:53:10 PM »

think I'll be sticking with higher up ;)

andius

« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2013, 09:33:56 PM »

Probably not a bad idea Night Owl!

I have seen evidence that capillaries can regrow into areas where they have declined....i.e. to supply blood in heart patients after heart attack once patient is on regimen of exercise and meds

Maybe those of us on long term vagifem who use it up high need to try longer to get it to work in the periurethral area better....it might taken longer for the blood supply to increase since it has been preferentially going elsewhere due to "uterine first pass-effect" from the up high placement.

Another idea....if you are do for a reload - could try one up and one down for the 14 days.

I might try the alternating also, if the pain doesn't get too bad. I am better today with patch change today.

I read somewhere in a conversation between doctors that vagifem is great for vagina and doesn't work well for vulvar atrophy and burning....they recommended creams for the vulvar atrophy and once it was fixed, vagifem will maintain it.  I guess I could try the creams again in very thin application now that I have been on systemic HRT for a while.  Maybe I wouldn't be so sensitive now. ;)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2013, 10:22:00 AM »

That is only the headline, no where in the article does it say that the product will be discontinued  :-\ ....

honeybun

« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2013, 11:54:18 AM »

You can always use Vagifem if they are discontinued CLKD. Don't worry.

Honeyb
X

Cazikins

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2013, 12:32:58 PM »

2 weeks ago my doc gave me a prescription for 25mcg vagifem but I couldn't get it because it was discontinued December 2012  :bang: :bang:

The pharmacist phoned the supplier while I was there because I wouldn't believe him. Told me they were only supplying the weaker dose (10mcg), said something about them not wanting to put so much estrogen in the system in one go (it went over my head I'm afraid.)

So now I have the lower dose to try. Why oh why don't they leave it alone & let us get on with our lives. I mean so long as we are healthy & have check ups... ooh it makes me mad.

Cazi x

Taz2

« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2013, 04:45:10 PM »

We have had lots of chats on here about this Cazi. It came about because the American health authority insisted on the lowest dose possible of oestrogen being used. After that the company also decided to discontinue the 25mcg here also. It is still available in some countries but I believe it is up to each individual health organisation to decide which they will accept.

Some docs are prescribing enough to allow women to use double i.e. 2x10mcg twice a week so it's worth asking if you find they no longer have enough beneficial effect.

Taz

R4CT0M

« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2013, 08:53:18 PM »

well after much to-ing and fro-ing and trying to work out when and how often to use the 10mcg dose (never having tried the 25mg), I decided after a bad afternoon with the pain that I needed to use it this evening (last one being on weds eve)... I used 1 x 10mg which helped  but didn't quite take the pain away altogether, so a bit later I used another..... can't believe the difference ;) :)  so thanks for the tip girls re 2 at once.... :) :)

I'll see how long this dose lasts and take it from there.... seeing as how the dr said I could use it more often than 1 x 10mg twice per week I'm sure doubling up a couple of times a week will be ok ;)

Mony xx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5