Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Irritability  (Read 3778 times)

dulciana

Irritability
« on: November 01, 2013, 10:22:56 AM »

I have just got really irritable with my hubby over a tiny thing and ended up ranting at him in a voice that he called "yapping".  This just isn't me.  The whole thing blew from me asking him to do me a favour on the computer; I got impatient and basically turned into a pain in the neck.  It's left me feeling unable to cope and wishing this whole thing would pass so that I (and those around me) can get on with life.  Even the cat was cowering in a corner!  Anybody else get this?

Taz2

Re: Irritability
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 10:29:09 AM »

Yes! I have always had it though with PMT. Did you used to suffer from PMT at all?

Taz x

Pandora

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 12:42:41 PM »

Hi

I have also had this recently quite badly, I thought it might have been the Prog part of the hrt, noristherone, I only take it for 2 weeks, but half way in I started to feel really fed up, then quite down, then majorly irritable.  I also fell out with my husband.  But I felt I was just really irritable/impatient with everyone.  I didn't really suffer pmt, this only started with menopause.

Its not nice to feel like that, as then you feel guilty and then upset.  I do feel for you dulciana.

Pandora

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 01:40:22 PM »

That sounds like a good description of how norethisterone can affect some people Pandora. I swapped to one without it for a while and my moods were much better. My other half used to call the second half of patches the "Mr Grumpy patches".  ;D

Taz x

Pandora

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 03:52:10 PM »

That sounds like me Taz, I used to say to my husband, " Just to let you know I have started the progesterone, so Im just warning you ". His answer was Oh no, I'll be careful what I say then.

Pandora

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 03:53:20 PM »

:lol:

dulciana

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 07:16:48 PM »

Thanks for your replies and support, Taz2 and Pandora.  I did use to get slightly tetchy with PMT, but nothing like this.  I'm not on hrt (I can't) so I don't know how this would affect/cause outbursts like this morning's.  I only know it doesn't take much at all to irritate me at the moment, and then  :rant:  My poor, understanding hubby! :sigh:  (which, fortunately, he is.)

Js

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, 06:51:52 PM »

I'm on hrt evorel conti with norithisterone and have been feeling very fed up and am dreading Xmas well I dread Xmas every year but feel I'm doing the same things every weekend and don't have any friends and etc etc sorry if I'm depressing but you bet the idea so I have decided to come off the hrt slowly and see if I feel any better you can't go around with a notice on your head beware moody person about especially when you don't even know why you feel like you do and even the meno nurses don't really help I find because every women is different

Js

Kathleen

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2013, 07:46:07 PM »

Hello ladies.
I am very irritable at the moment and don't know where to put myself! I'm not on HRT so can't blame that for feeling tense, irritable and anxious. So fed up with this emotional roller coaster ride. Oh to feel relaxed and at ease with the world, that is my dream. Sorry for the moan but my husband is tired of me telling him I'm miserable so I thought I'd post about it instead ( I know you ladies will understand).
Take care and here's hoping for a better day tomorrow.
K.