Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Wispy sideburns  (Read 9756 times)

Joyce

Wispy sideburns
« on: September 25, 2013, 10:20:24 PM »

I used to not have this problem, but with my hair being fairly short these days, I am having to keep "sideburns" long. Adverts for No-No got me thinking. Is this a problem for all ladies of a certain age?  Do you de-fuzz them or keep them? I am wanting to go a bit shorter with my hair, but due to this fuzz feel that I would look ridiculous with nice short hair and ear lobe length fuzz.

honeybun

Re: Wispy sideburns
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 10:26:20 PM »

Are we talking Bradley Wiggans here.  ;D

If they are not that noticeable then I would not touch them because once you start I think you would always have to do it.

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 08:26:08 AM »

Right length HB.  ;D No not thick, just wispy strands. Think I've got this fear of becoming a hairy auld wifey.  Thankfully not like the ones which sprout from my chiney chin chin.  ;) 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 09:24:54 AM »

Or from my  nose  >:( .........

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 10:53:43 AM »

Oh that's something else to look forward to then. Yippee!

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 11:01:30 AM »

My side-burns seem to grow quicker than the rest of my hair and 3 weeks ago, the cut didn't 'sit' right from the off.  It has annoyed me since.  I don't think the girl was concentrating - can't blame a bad hair cut on Meno too, surely  ::)

Joyce

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 12:04:13 PM »

No, but maybe the way we see it.  ::)

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 12:36:13 PM »

I always say the same thing after a haircut.....it will look better when I have done it myself.  ;D. The same kind of thing when I colour it.  It will look better when I have washed it a few times.

I seem to get stuck in a bit of a never ending circle with my hair. I get a trim every six weeks. I only actually like the length for the last three weeks. It's just right and then I get it cut again and think it's too short but if I go eight weeks it gets messy. Never happy really.  ::)

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 03:46:36 PM »

I'm the same, though get mine cut every 5 weeks. This time it will be 7 as hairdresser still on holiday. It's got very thick, as a result. Never like it when he blows it dry. Prefer doing it myself.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 06:48:48 PM »

the difference between a bad and a good haircut - 10 days  ;)

Elena

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2013, 10:03:33 AM »

I've always had them and so does my 25 year old daughter.  We must be the Hairy Ladies!  I don't touch mine, they're not as bad as the bristley hair that sprouts in the middle of my lower face - what's that all about, eh?!  Or the chin hairs, or the upper lip hairs.  At least they are soft and wispy :)

Embrace your sideburns I say!  Learn to love them in all their wispy glory  ;D