Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hi  (Read 2000 times)

Mags 7101

Hi
« on: September 24, 2013, 04:07:37 PM »

I'm new having problems would like some help been on the road to the menopause for 3 years I am 46 thinking about HRT but worried about the big C can anyone advise

Kathleen

Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 04:24:46 PM »

Hello Mags. Just wanted to say welcome to the forum. I'm no expert on HRT but many ladies are and I'm sure some of them will be along to advise you.
K.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 04:47:06 PM »

Hi Mags

:welcomemm: from me too.

How far into meno are you ie what have your periods been like? Have you missed any and any other symtpoms eg flushes and sweats?

If you are actually well into menopause then the risks of taking HRT do not count until the average natural age of menopause ie 51 or 52 as you are only replacing what the body should have had normally.

The cancer risks are controversial and quite specific anyway - and the latest info is that excess alcohol and obesity all increase the risks of breast cancer - so if you are within normal weight range and limit alcohol intake then the absolute increased risk due to HRT - even from the (now questioned) data is very small.

On this site: http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/risks.php

There is a lot of info in the menu on the left and we have loads of experience of different types on HRT so if you want any other help then please ask!

Hurdity x

Mags 7101

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 10:02:32 AM »

Hi hurdity I have hot flushes, night sweats,  mood swings, panick attacks, shakes, my periods have not stopped but they are irregular have 1 miss 1 miss 2 have 1early this is driving me mad finding it hard to cope as now affecting my work

ANGEL66

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 09:20:44 PM »

Hi Megs  :)

Welcome to the forum.  I'm new like you and came here for advice too.

I'm 47 and in perimenopause.  Still need contraception as well.  Just started on Qlaira last week.  I'm taking it as hrt.

There are loads of other options available though.  I believe some of the ladies on here use the mirena coil with oestrogel which works well too.

I was worried about risks of hrt too but I think if you are suffering a lot, you have to weigh up risks and benefits.  Unfortunately there are risks with everything in life but for some of us the benefits outweigh the risks. 

Good luck and Best Wishes
NAOMI

:welcomemm:

ANGEL66

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 09:22:49 PM »

Oops sorry I've been on the screen a lot today at work and my eyes are tired.  That was meant to say Hi Mags not Megs!  Sorry!  ::)

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 10:08:26 PM »

Hi again Mags - sorry for delay - I've not been about. In your position I would definitely ask for a low dose HRT if you can, which hopefully will eliminate some of your symptoms and then give you a regular bleed. When you are peri thought you do sometimes get bleeds at odd times. It was not being able to cope at work that initially led me to try HRT and I haven't looked back.

Thereis an excellent back magazine article on here which you might be interested in

http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/article-perils-of-the-perimenopause.php

Hurdity x