Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Off to GP later  (Read 14491 times)

Joyce

Re: Off to GP later
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2013, 08:32:30 AM »

Blood tests done first thing. All the usual ones plus CRP one to check for infection/inflammation.

Something interesting I read though. Apparently some problems in your nether regions can be caused by chlorine in pools & spas. Most commonly found in women. Well as I've been swimming about 4 times a week until recently, that may have been what caused my discomfort. Blowed  if I can find the article now though. Typical! Will keep searching though.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2013, 09:24:23 AM »

I saw in a paper recently that women who swim whilst pregnant can have babies with allergy problems  ::)  ....... :-\

Chlorine can be drying.  Levels should be monitored regularly throughout the day in a public pool.  If you can smell it there is too much!

Joyce

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2013, 10:51:42 AM »

Don't smell it in the atmosphere, but despite showering afterwards, my skin still reeks of it. Probably not noticeable to others, but sure is to me.  :sick02:

CLKD

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2013, 11:01:54 AM »

I don't mind the smell.  Clean ...........

ancient runner

« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2013, 12:32:19 PM »

I've had all sorts of problems in me bits for the last eight months or so, and have been using ovestin -- but one of the times it's really gone off the scale was after I went swimming a couple of weeks ago. I really couldn't sit down or sleep for best part of a week. Now wondering if Ovestin has been causing the burning feeling too but that's probably another story.

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2013, 02:58:08 PM »

More likely to be the chlorine treatment if you didn't have problems prior?

honeybun

« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2013, 03:17:08 PM »

If chlorine can kill all those germs that we all carry on our bodies then it can't be terribly good for sensitive bits.
Maybe cut back on the amount of times you go and see if it makes a difference.

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2013, 03:35:23 PM »

Haven't been swimming for 2 weeks now, mainly due to sore shoulder. It may just have been a coincidence.  Will wait until I see GP next Friday and see what transpires.

Joyce

« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2013, 12:14:01 PM »

Feeling ever so bleugh. For once I hope blood tests show up something, which may explain how yuck I'm feeling. Wasn't right before holiday, but just thought I was needing a break. But I am feeling less right every day. Results won't be back until sometime next week. See Doc next Friday. I am worn out, constantly. It hits me every day like I'm hitting a wall. Often early on, but sometimes later like today. Had to take hubby to work as he has function later. Son & GF coming for tea tonight & staying over, do had to make up bed for them. Fortunately we are having a carry out, so no cooking involved. Every time I sit down, I'm ready to sleep & it takes a supreme effort to get myself going again. Had a reasonably good sleep last night too.

What the hell is happening?  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2013, 03:18:59 PM »

Autumn!  The body begins to slow down.  Nights pull in.  In the 'wild' we would go to bed at dusk and get up at dawn ........... if we try to be all things to all people then we begin to tire more easily.

I was working in our garden until 2.30 then I suddenly felt queasy, very tired, worn out ........ HAD to come inside and sit.  Only now beginning to feel anywhere near 'normal' ......... and the thought of eating anything for tea  ::) - too much effort.  I had had a cuppa and a slice of coffee cake so it could have been blood sugar  ::)

Joyce

« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2013, 05:20:51 PM »

Pretty sure that's not it CLKD. I appreciate that these things happen to folk though. That's why I was surprised to start feeling like this when we'd had decent weather. I'd got used to swimming 4/5 days a week, but started to struggle with that energy wise too. I feel like the energy is slowly getting sucked out of me. Feel like I'm dragging weights around with me. Thought holiday would recharge my old batteries, but struggled most days on holiday also.  I was OK until about 6/8 weeks ago. I can feel exhausted after having shower in the morning.

CLKD

« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2013, 07:11:40 PM »

Crashing fatigue? 

Joyce

« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2013, 07:55:24 PM »

Suppose it could be. Though hubby is also suffering. Now don't laugh. Son's GF checked our carbon monoxide readings, as I said I wondered if that was possible. However, we both had good readings, well below what would be classed as worrying levels. Phew!  Midwives, do these checks up here now. 

CLKD

« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2013, 08:07:28 PM »

New carpets?  Furniture?  Can give off fumes from the cleaning/manufacturing processes before being delivered  :o.  A friend had to have 2 new carpets due to the 'fumes' ......... and the Company would only pay half compensation I think they replaced the underlay free or something.  I don't suppose that the supplying Company could be responsible though if a scoctchguard type product were used ?????

Was it not you who had new furniture ..........  ???

honeybun

« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2013, 08:30:18 PM »

A new leather suite I think.

How is hubby suffering ? Has he the same fatigue as you do CG. That's really strange. Like CLKD I am inclined to think it's something in your environment. Can you think back to exactly to when it started.

Honeyb
X
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4