Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Off to GP later  (Read 14488 times)

honeybun

Re: Off to GP later
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2013, 07:46:25 PM »

So really no further forwards CG. Really I sometimes wonder about GPs. I asked my practise nurse to check for a prolapse. She said my cervix was high so that was good. I asked about bladder and she told me I would have to see the doctor.
The smear was very painful but she did not seem to think anything was amiss.

I have looked with the mirror but given the fact I don't really know what it looked liked before I have not got a clue    ::)

I hope you get it resolved CG as its not nice to feel uncomfortable all the time. Did you tell her you were having chills as well.

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2013, 09:01:03 PM »

Yes told her about chills. She didn't seem too bothered by it. She kept asking if I was needing a wee more often. Think I told her about 3 times that yes sometimes I do. I knew by look on her face she didn't have a Scooby!

I will use the pessary, though doubt that's my problem. I know what thrush feels like and I am not itching or producing cottage cheese. Sorry.

Will get mirror out, though not too sure what I should be looking for. We know when things aren't right, pity it takes a lot to convince our GPs!

Taz2

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2013, 09:48:44 PM »

It's a bit like a small, smooth round object in your vagina CG. Hard to describe really - but you just know there is something there that didn't used to be! The vagina should be uncluttered with nothing in the way.

If you still keep getting the chills go back in case you have got an infection starting. Did she ask you to give a urine sample?

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2013, 07:08:49 AM »

She only did dip stick test Taz. Said nothing was showing up on it. I would have thought she would have sent it for testing. It may have come back negative, but would have ruled out any chance of infection.

Joyce

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2013, 11:46:18 AM »

OMG whatever the heck was up that darned pessary sure isn't helping. I'm on fire all the time and it's not getting any better. Possible side effects are burning, irritation or discomfort. No kidding!!! My bits are on fire. Going to wash with some cool water. If that doesn't work I'm phoning GP!

LizeeeH

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2013, 12:02:56 PM »

I have a bowel prolapse after having hysterectomy back in 1997 and yes you can only see it when stood up, so why examine you laid down? I was told the prolapse was due to the hysterectomy ;)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2013, 12:27:02 PM »

Oh Cubagirl  :(  .............

honeybun

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2013, 12:37:40 PM »

Can you go and sit in the bath and see if that helps.

Something in it has obviously caused an irritation.

Hope it settles soon.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2013, 12:39:21 PM »

Some bath cubes cause that reaction so I no longer use them  :-\

Joyce

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2013, 06:43:21 PM »

My bits are feeling a bit less hot & bothered tonight, thank goodness. Jeepers that was horrid earlier. Been bathing in tepid water and had a bath too. But boy do I look a bit red down there. Have decided to soothe with sudocreme if it flares up during the night. Never ever had that kind of reaction to clotrimazole before! Usually it's very soothing.

honeybun

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2013, 06:47:55 PM »

Maybe you have had some kind of irritation before you started.
You really should phone your GP and tell her what has happened. Maybe it would be a clue as to what's wrong.

Glad you are feeling a bit better. Sudocrem is soothing so slap it on if you need it.

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2013, 06:52:39 PM »

I won't pester her now as it has eased but will tell her. I'm wondering if it's the lactose in it. No I didn't swallow it.  ;D  I thought I'd be fine as I wasn't ingesting it, but I do have a massive sensitivity to it these days.

Joyce

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2013, 03:34:58 PM »

Feeling  much cooler down below today. Phew.

Could it have been thrush after all? If it was, symptoms were way different to any I've had in the past! If it was GP must have thought I was a right twat! I'd have gone to chemist if I'd suspected it at all.   :-\ :-\ :-\

honeybun

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2013, 04:44:09 PM »

I don't think just thrush would give the symptoms that you had. When I have had thrush the itch drove me up the wall and there was a curdy discharge.

Think it's been something more than that CG.

Glad you are more comfortable today.

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2013, 05:22:52 PM »

You're right definitely doesn't sound like thrush in any form. The burn yesterday was awful. Today no dragging pain or anything. But this has happened before. Fine for a while and back it comes again.

One of these weird things I suppose.  Certainly weirdest symptoms I've had in this meno journey.  When I go back & see GP in couple of weeks, think I might ask if it's worth an earlier appointment with meno consultant.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4