Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Off to GP later  (Read 14489 times)

Joyce

Off to GP later
« on: September 16, 2013, 08:11:10 AM »

Well I've decided to bite bullet & make an appointment. Too many things aren't right down below. Dragging pain, chills, knackered, aches & pains. No point saying I'm fine when I know I'm not. Going to nip down for a specimen bottle before my appointment as she is sure to want to check that. Not been right for a number of weeks if I'm honest, thought holiday would help, but wasn't great then either. Been home a week and still not right.

Receptionist asked why I needed to see GP. Unusual. I thought none of your goddam business but said female problems. She then asked if I thought I might need an examination, to which I said possibly. So now booked in for double appointment. Great time for appointment - teatime. So hope she can help.

Taz2

Re: Off to GP later
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 08:36:02 AM »

CG - that sounds very much like I was before getting the kidney infection diagnosed. Hope you get some help and feel better soon.

Our receptionists always ask - in a kindly way - a bit like the vet asks when I make an appointment for the cat.  ;D

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 10:17:34 AM »

My temp is OK though. Would that not be raised if there was an infection? Bang on 36° Just bought new thermometer as couldn't find one I already have.  :(

Feeling shattered after walk to stresscos & back again. Normally off for swim in the morning, but that couldn't summon up the energy.

The joys of being female.  ::)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 10:20:10 AM »

Our receptionists always ask  >:( .......... in case we can see a Nurse rather than the GP.  However, when I want an appt. with the GP that is what I ask for   :-X  ............ and I don't want the WHOLE of the village knowing my problems!!!!

Take a list of symptoms with you?

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 10:23:43 AM »

I plan to CLKD, though they don't like lists?  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 11:22:58 AM »

Try not to take any notice of what *they* like/not!  This is US we are talking about here.  Any phaff from them, explain: and quote me on this:  that my Consultant insisted on  a list of symptoms every morning  ;)

Dyan

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 11:57:41 AM »

Here,here!
I always take a list to the GPs.
My GP says "let's have a look at your list"  ;D

Hope you get on ok at doctors cubagirl.

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 12:25:53 PM »

Let us know how you get on.

I think it's worse when you have no idea what's wrong. I generally come out of the GPs with no prescription and having been told its a virus. In other words they don't have a clue.

Hope you can get to the bottom of it.

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 06:48:53 PM »

Well, she's not got a clue. To get bloods done next week, then back to see her following week.  She checked for prolapse, though said it would be most unusual having had hysterectomy. However, she said I was producing thick mucous, so has given me a pessary to use tonight. I told her I was on occasion needing to pee frequently, so she's thinking type 2 diabetes. I did glucose test last time round and it was clear. I'm thinking VA. Sorry I'm quite ignorant of it's symptoms, don't have itch. Is it a possibility?
By the way she only checked for prolapse because I brought it up.  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 07:05:29 PM »

<sigh> - how old is this GP?

Ask for a referral to a meno-Clinic maybe, or see the Practice Nurse who may be older and wiser  ;)  .......... did she take a swab for the discharge, a healthy vagina will have mucous. Is it smelly, pale, green .........  What's in the pessary and why only 1  :-\  ..........

I thought you had bloods done recently ............  ???

Joyce

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2013, 07:11:30 PM »

Bloods done a few months back. They check them once or twice a year. She thought I had start of thrush and wants to nip it in the bud. She said it was thicker than it should be that was all.

GP is late 30ish.

Practise nurse is even younger!

Taz2

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2013, 07:14:49 PM »

CG - doesn't your GP know that one of the causes of prolapse is a hysterectomy!!!  Did she check you standing up or lying down?

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2013, 07:15:57 PM »

Lying down. Does that make a difference? Sorry to sound thick.

Taz2

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2013, 07:29:49 PM »

When you lie down any prolapse will "fall" back into place so is not always noticeable. The best way to check yourself is standing either over a mirror or with a handheld mirror to check for anything in the vagina. If you cough while doing it this also helps.

I think I posted this link before but it mentions hyster as a risk factor http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Genitourinary-GU-Prolapse.htm

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2013, 07:43:03 PM »

You did mention this before Taz. Going to print it off and take with me next visit.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4