Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: 11 September  (Read 6722 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
11 September
« on: September 11, 2013, 01:23:49 PM »

:-\  apparently many thousands more victims since the Twin Towers fell ......... due to various health complications.  Pause a moment and remember .......... :medal:

honeybun

Re: 11 September
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 02:45:37 PM »

I vividly remember watching it happen.

May they rest in peace.

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 03:34:03 PM »

We were in BA office planning our trip to Cuba for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. Even to this day I find it hard to watch. Same with the Boxing Day tsunami.

RIP

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 03:36:08 PM »

There are yet more programmes running this week  ::) .......... it never fails to amaze mehow awful and still unbelieveable that day was  :'(

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 07:27:17 PM »

:'(

jaypo

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 07:44:57 PM »

Still very vivid how I felt watching it as it happened  :(

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2019, 06:33:08 AM »

Same here.  There is a book due to be published - an author has tracked down many people affected whose tales have yet to be told.  I don't know if I could read it though I watched all the News reels.

Katejo

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2019, 07:31:31 AM »

I was training our new graduate trainees in enquiry desk duties when my manager walked in and said that a plane had flown into the twin tower.  At first i assumed that it was a small plane and a tragic accident.  As the day unfolded......!   :( 

Two hoots

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2019, 01:40:43 PM »

We were on holiday in France, my dad didn't want to come around the supermarket so he sat in the car listening to the radio. When he told us what he'd heard it was hard to imagine, all we had was radio coverage. The following day we went into the town to see the newspapers, we couldn't believe what we saw.  It was a week later that we actually saw the film of what happened, all these years later and it's still chilling to watch.

jaypo

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2019, 02:07:44 PM »

Has anyone ever watched the film United 93? I saw it in the cinema & it's the first and last time I've ever seen an audience just sit there after the lights have gone up,so so sad and very very chilling but definitely worth a watch if you can

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2019, 05:43:33 PM »

Yeah I've seen it Jay....
When I was watching it all unfold on the tele, I just sat and cried.....horrific...
I'd love to go to the site and pay my respects.
I was busy with the kids at the time, and I saw a glimpse of the plane flying into the tower.
I took no notice and carried on, thinking it was a trailer to a new film.
It wasn't until later that I found out what was going on.....words can't express how horrific it all was!  :'(

Plus, people are still suffering today....... :'(

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2019, 10:37:47 AM »

People have died as a result of ingesting the debris  :'(

I worried at the time: wondered if to have my 4 pets PTS in case these incidents spread.  Who would look after them if I was caught up ........ no one has a house key except us  :-\

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2019, 06:31:37 PM »

I didn't even know about it, I was in hospital having just had my son, late evening on 10th.  I had got up to visit bathroom that morning, noticed a lot of people in the lounge area looking at the TV but as I was too exhausted paid no attention & went back to bed. It wasn't until my hubby came in and asked if I'd heard the news, before I knew anything. I do remember coming home on 12th & gaping at the TV (first time I'd seen any pictures) not believing what I was seeing. Awful & so many people still suffering the after effects now :'(