Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: inner trembling.  (Read 8780 times)

honeybun

inner trembling.
« on: July 02, 2013, 01:01:59 PM »

Does anyone else get this. It feels as if there is something racing inside of me. It's not my anxiety, this is a totally different feeling.
It's horrible. I feel as if my hands should be shaking or my legs but it's all inside. It's kind of at the top of my stomach and it feels really peculiar.
I do vaguely remember feeling a bit like this when a period was due. Apart from that I feel ok.

I am on my different HRT. Started on Thursday last week. On the oestrogen only patch.
Could it be this or perhaps my own cycle. Can't think I will have a period any time soon as I have been on continuous HRT for over a year. I would not have thought there is any lining to shed as yet.

There is something going on but I don't know what.

Honeyb
X

Pip67

Re: inner trembling.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 01:25:46 PM »

Hi Honeybun!  Yes I get this too.  Not all the time.  Usually after mid-cycle leading up to my period and not always every month.  Sometimes it is worse than others and it can be very unnerving.  I haven't ever been to the docs about it as I assume that it is just down to age and another peri symptom.  I describe it as internal trembling too, like the core of me is shaking with no outward signs.  I also only get it at night.  I have cut out any tea or coffee before bed (my last cuppa is around 4pm).  Not sure if it has made much of a difference but I think it might be worse if I DID have caffeine before bed.  Hope this helps, if only to know you are not the only one suffering with this. 

Rowan

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 01:26:45 PM »

I don't know if this will help honeybun, many women seem to have this

http://www.power-surge.com/php/forums/index.php's=9337c835c5f796b6ee5e03a60c58e8e8&showforum=16

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 02:03:13 PM »

Glad to hear I am not alone in this.

I mentioned it to hubby and he says he remembers me feeling like this when I was younger. He said I got it before I got really bad tempered before a period. I must have been bad if he remembers it so clearly.   ::)

Must be hormone related. Hope it goes cause it's horrible.

Honeyb
X

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 05:51:10 PM »

I get this. I always think it's due to too much arenaline rushing around. If I can go for a fast walk or do something that is really energetic it disappears.

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 06:14:53 PM »

I get it too. Not pleasant, thought it was just me.

Rose

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 09:05:44 PM »

Hi, I got this racing feeling as if I'd drunk twenty coffees but it was the oestrogen that I was sensitive to. Couldn't sleep much either. Anyone else had this?

JJ

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 10:16:23 PM »

Yes, I get something like this, I call it the 'Inner jitters' I think the hormone ups and downs affect lots of systems in the body and sometimes it's like having permanent anxiety symptoms when often we not anxious about anything. Pretty unpleasant but it seems to wax and wane, but when I am anxious about something it can get worse, especially in the mornings, I have to force myself to eat 2 bananas and by lunchtime it has usually eased.

God, we put up with quite a lot . Saw my gp the other day and she said unfortunately menopause does us no favours, and she's right!

beaniegirl

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 08:43:26 AM »

Hi

Has anyone ever had a doctor's opinion on this? Is there any treatment that helps? I have had this constantly since February in varying degrees & it is horrible!

Thank you

Kathleen

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 10:48:19 AM »

Hello ladies.
Yep, completely identify with this trembling business, I wake up with it most mornings, it is a horrible and frustrating thing to have. I also find going for a brisk walk or just moving around a lot a home helps to burn it off.

beaniegirl -  Thought you may benefit from my experience.
At the end of last year I had a constant and intense form of the trembling and after six months of it I'd had enough, I saw my GP and was prescribed HRT. After two weeks of Climesse the worst of the feeling had disappeared. I was on HRT for three months but came off it one month ago to see how I felt. So far the intense feelings have not returned, maybe it was the HRT that helped, maybe they'll come back or maybe that phase has passed, who knows?  I will keep you posted but so far although I have the trembling that other ladies have mentioned it is nothing like as severe and constant as it was. Hope this helps.
Take care.
K.

beaniegirl

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2013, 11:37:13 AM »

Hi Kathleen

Thank you so much for your reply.
Have you had any bad effects as a result of coming off the HRT? This is what I am afraid of & why I have not asked for it so far. I don't want to make things any worse! My GP has prescribed a homeopathic remedy, Lachesis Mutus, but it doesn't seem to be having any effect after 3 weeks (too soon maybe?)

Thanks again

Kathleen

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2013, 12:09:25 PM »

Hello beaniegirl.

Actually I've felt fine since coming off the HRT. Apart from the trembling we've mentioned, trouble getting to sleep sometimes and a bit of sweating, I'm doing okay. Certainly nothing unmanageable.
I also resisted HRT for a long time and it was only after six months of feeling dreadful, with no respite in sight  that I asked my GP to prescribe it. As I said, after only two weeks the worst of the jittery feeling had gone.
It's only been four weeks since stopping HRT so maybe things will change in time or maybe the intense feelings were just another phase of the menopause that I had to go through and has now, hopefully, passed.
Let us know what you decide to do. 
Take care.
K.

Taz2

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2013, 12:24:51 PM »

Good luck with the withdrawal Kathleen. I hope you are one of the lucky ones. I find that my symptoms really kick back in around two months after stopping so fingers crossed for you over the next month!

Hi Beaniegirl - you wont get worse symptoms when you eventually stop HRT and, just think, you may, like me, have quite a few years of feeling human again while on it. You might not get a return of symptoms when you stop - not everybody does - and nobody can tell you how long you will be getting meno symptoms for anyway. A friend of mine didn't take HRT and I did. During the last five years I have been taking it she has suffered with sweats, aches, sleeplessness etc. and is still feeling like that. Now she and I are on the same level and commiserate but at least I have had five years feeling better!

Taz x

Kathleen

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2013, 02:26:44 PM »

Hello Taz2.
I know what you mean about keeping fingers crossed regarding HRT withdrawal, whenever I say that I'm feeling okay I'm scared that I'm jinxing it!
Whatever happens I will keep the forum informed, knowledge is power and all that.
Take care.
K.