Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Repeated Nose Bleeds Anyone.  (Read 12724 times)

catlady

Repeated Nose Bleeds Anyone.
« on: September 05, 2013, 08:05:02 AM »

I get nosebleeds on a regular basis.  I have had my nose cauterised 8 times now,
the last time I paid privately to have it done but 3 weeks later the dreaded nose bleeds are back ! >:(

Anyone else suffer with nosebleeds on a regular basis ?
Is it worth keep having it cauterised or do you just put up with it ?
ENT say all they can see is a sore, red patch in my nose that doesn't heal up.  :(

Ann

honeybun

Re: Repeated Nose Bleeds Anyone.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 08:18:36 AM »

My son has had his countless times and the bleeds always return . He started this when he was two. He no longer has it done. If he hits a bad spell then he uses a cream called Naseptin that I get him from our GP. Sometimes a slight infection can weaken the nose lining and also after a bleed things get crusty. The cream has worked well for him and apart from hay fever season he has few bleeds.
Rotten thing to have wrong.

I know he hates them with a passion.

Honeyb
X

Rowan

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 08:45:09 AM »

You could strengthen tiny blood vessels by taking Rutin

http://listentoyourgut.com/symptoms/38/a-nosebleed.html

I have taken Rutin for years, to keep my blood vessels strong, it was suggested to me by a doctor, its an old remedy that doctors prescribed and has probably been forgotten now.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-rutin.htm
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 08:46:52 AM by silverlady »

catlady

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 10:47:19 AM »

Hi Honeyb.
I also use Naseptin cream but it doesn't help much, it just eases the soreness for me.
Sorry your son is a sufferer too, it's not nice!

Hi Silverlady
Thanks for the info.   Have you ever suffered with nose bleeds ?
Could you say what brand of Rutin you take ?

Ann x

Rowan

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 11:16:13 AM »

Never had a nose bleed Ann, I take Rutivite for health of blood vessels, I have a history of stroke in the family.

I take Power Health Rutivite Original

You can get it from any health shop probably Boots too, as well as amazon.

rosebud57

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 11:37:28 AM »

My Dad had repeated very bad nose bleeds.  In the end it was discovered he had a condition arising from too much protein in the blood.  They cauterised a blood vessel in his nose and he hasn't had one since.  Perhaps you should ask for a blood test, just to rule it out.

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 04:34:42 PM »

I know this is an old thread but I got sent home from work today (how embarrassing) because of a stubborn nosebleed. I've had them ever since I was a child but had both nostrils cauterised almost twenty years ago now and it worked well. Over the last couple of years they have become more of a nuisance again and it is impossible to carry out your job while having to pinch your nose with one hand plus even when it has stopped your nose can look a bit yucky!

I am about to make a docs appointment to see if I can have cauterisation again - it is so embarrassing when it happens. No warning just a sudden cascade. Will report back.

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 05:11:05 PM »

Not fine. I get minor bleeds. They are no more than nuisance value though. I got a small bleed last week. Bent down to get something out of a cupboard, thought my nose had started running, but it was nosebleed. Stopped after about 5 minutes though. Hope you get it sorted out Taz

Ju Ju

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2014, 08:43:03 AM »

Yes, I get minor nosebleeds from one nostril. Cauterisation made no difference. Noticeably worse when not well. More of a nuisance than a major problem.

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2014, 08:47:15 AM »

I think I could cope with minor ones although even those are a nuisance. It's more the sudden deluge ones which take a bit of stopping and take me away from what I'm doing which are annoying. No appointments till next week with the doc I want.

Taz x

Ju Ju

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2014, 11:53:45 AM »

I hate waking up to blood the sheets and pillow case.

Taz2

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2014, 12:01:21 PM »

I have wondered whether you could actually lose quite a lot of blood while asleep if you develop a bad nosebleed? I wonder what triggers you to wake up in time

Taz x  :-\

Hurdity

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2014, 12:34:06 PM »

How scary - both having a nose bleed and waking up to blood! I am lucky I've never had one, well not that I can remember.

Couldn't you get an apppointment earlier Taz eg as an emergency, especially as it was a severe one?

Hurdity x

Taz2

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2014, 02:36:23 PM »

It's ok Hurdity - it's not still bleeding but it's the knowledge that it might happen at any time such as while driving which worries me.  It can make such a mess if I don't manage to clamp the nostril shut quickly enough. Looks like I've committed a  murder!!  I've had them since I was sixteen.

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2014, 03:59:02 PM »

Horrible things Taz.

I don't think you need worry about night time ones though. The blood would also run backwards down the throat and that would wake you up. It always wakes up my son even if he is....now what's the polite term.....ehm merry  ;D

He always used to have them at night especially when I had just put clean sheets on. I have just bought a new duvet and pillows for his bed so what's the betting  ::)

It was always the bloody hand prints on the wall and the drips all over the carpet that got me.
He started having them when he was two. I will never forget the first one. He was in bed with me and he woke me up saying he had a runny nose. I turned on the light only to see this little face covered in blood. I had it all over me and also the bed. That was fun.

Honeyb
x
Pages: [1] 2