Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Stopping hrt after 21/2 years on.  (Read 21399 times)

sweettooth

Re: Stopping hrt after 21/2 years on.
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2013, 10:09:00 PM »

Hi Dgirl,

Good luck with that, let us know how you get on :)

Eddie

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2014, 10:34:26 PM »

Thought I would update on my new regime. IT WORKS! 18/09 I changed to continue from sequi. I bled on and off for six weeks and then constantly for another six weeks. But now nothing, it is lower oestrogen so that's good, seems to deal with the main issues. Vulvodynia is almost gone, not been intimate yet right enough. (Coward) but a bonus is my boobs have stopped the monthly cycle too and have decided to be on the smaller side which I am more than happy about. So a big positive for me.
How is everyone else who swapped or stopped regimes getting along?
Eddie. X

Hurdity

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2014, 08:43:28 PM »

Glad it's working out for you Eddie.

I can't add my story as I haven't swapped or stopped!

Long may the good feelings last for you anyway!

Hurdity x  :)

Cazikins

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2014, 11:30:50 PM »

Hi Eddie,
It is so good to hear your update as I have been back on Femoston conti for 3 weeks after trying it for a while in August last year, but back then I got freaked out with the bleeding I experienced, so stopped.
I then experienced tremendous hot flushes, sleepless nights & mood swings (all things I had hoped were a thing of the past).
But at the moment I feel a lot better being back on Femoston, however at the back of my mind is the fear of having a period. But reading your post has given me hope. I know it is to be expected (bleeding) but it is still a shock when it happens.
I am so glad things have settled down for you & hope they will for me.

Note to myself:
Don't go running to doctor when I get a bleed.
Keep taking the tabs.
Get supply of panty liners/towels.

Keep us posted Eddie - I shall be watching.

Love Cazi xxx

andius

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2014, 02:59:51 AM »

Eddie

Fantastic news!!!...so do you think the higher dose of hrt or the variance with the sequi (progestin) was the cause of your vulvadynia??  Is it gone completely now?  Do you use a local estrogen?

Please post any info you think might be helpful.

Andius

Eddie

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2014, 12:28:36 AM »

Cazikins, I too was concerned about the long bleed, but just before I was due to start the second 3 month pack I called the lady at vulval clinic who prescribed it and she said it was normal and if I could tolerate it a bit longer to keep going. Good luck with yours, I did have a tiny bit of spotting tonight but have been under a lot of stress recently and that maybe why.

Andius, I absolutely believe that the higher dose of estrogen and the fluctuation of hormones created the vulvodynia, I am still a bit tender, but that could just be thinning skin taking time to heal well. Has va for years before and maybe still a bit there. I don't use any local estrogen.
Eddie. X

Cazikins

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2014, 09:42:51 PM »

Doc has given me another 3 months supply & said to expect some bleeding but, if it lasts longer then 6 weeks at any time, or if I get bleeding after 6 months then I must get it checked out, so I'm happy with that.
I have had some light bleeding for the last couple of days & some bloating, hopefully it will pass.
Cazi x

MaggieM

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2014, 09:50:12 PM »

Hi Ladies,

Me too! I've just stopped my HRT after 5 years - or rather, my GP has told me to stop immediately and I wasn't for arguing. She put me onto Evorel Conti 5 months ago to address the dreadful bleeds I was having on sequential HRT (Estradot 50 + Utrogestan 200) after 4 years of trying out various preparations and having the same problems with each re. bleeding. However, the bleeds were worse than ever (on non-bleed HRT) and were roughly 1 week on, 1 week off. I have lost so much blood I am now badly anaemic and my only medication is iron tablets. I am totally fed up with the whole thing - and I've put on so much weight in these last 5 months (probably because of the chocolate and rubbish I've been stuffing when I was bleeding).   
So, I've gone cold turkey and am wondering how long it's going to take me to turn into psycho woman again.
I'm being referred to the gynie clinic at the local hospital where I understand I'm going to get a scan to see if that can show anything up. If everything is ok, an option is Mirena but I've heard horror stories about this (bleeding and weight gain). I'm 53 and thought the worst would be over by now.
God, this menopause lark is no fun is it? I so envy my friends who simply sail through it with the odd flush....

Mags x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2014, 10:36:07 PM »

MaggieM
Going cold turkey is really tough - I hope you're ok.  When I was post meno I tried a variety of HRT conti pills but hated them all for one reason or another. I ended up with Mirena with Oestrogel which was ok but once it got towards the end of it's life (past 4 years and probably running out of progesterone) I did get some nasty stomach cramps which I thought was IBS but now I've had it removed I realise was the Mirena.  Anyway, I reduced my Oestrogel dosage over 6 weeks before having the Mirena out and my flushes haven't been toooo bad but my VA is terrible.  I have been using Vagifem to help with the VA for over 3 months now and I'm still getting awful bouts of burning - really unpleasant.
Just a thought - if you basically found the patch with utrogestan ok, apart from the bleeds, why not try that combo continuously e.g. Patch + Utrogestan for 25 days per month?  DG x
Pages: 1 2 [3]