Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: HRT Update  (Read 3358 times)

Kathleen

HRT Update
« on: August 16, 2013, 07:00:49 PM »

Hello ladies. I thought I'd report back on my experiences so far with HRT. I began taking Climesse daily (2 mg oestradiol and 0.7mg norethisterone) about three months ago. I noticed an increase in vaginal discharge  (but not a problem) and within two weeks the very worst of the anxiety faded. I've also experienced  tender breasts and a little bit of spotting for a few days. All in all a great improvement on how I felt three months ago when I honestly thought the constant anxiety would drive me mad. My GP has asked to see me again in another three months.

Having said all of that I wish I actually felt as well as I'd hoped, but maybe that's unrealistic. I still have sweats and some anxiety and my moods are difficult to deal with.   
At the moment I am very bad tempered and irritable and I hate it. I will be 57 in September and haven't had a period for three years.

I do however have one question, do things ever really improve to the point that you like yourself again? I seem to have lost any characteristics that were even slightly pleasant and I've been become a tetchy and anti social old woman who sits and shouts at the television.  I just want to be calm and reasonable for a change instead of feeling like my head is going to explode, but as I said maybe that is asking too much (  at the moment even if there was a miracle drug that could turn me into a nice person there simply wouldn't be enough of it in the world!).
Wishing you all well and thanks for reading.
K.

honeybun

Re: HRT Update
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 07:06:03 PM »

It could be the norethisterone that is causing you to be very grumpy. It's notorious for its side effects.
If you were to use a kinder progesterone then perhaps you could get rid of your side effects.
I have found utrogestan much kinder and it has helped a lot with my anxiety.
I use it with evoril patches.

Honeyb
X

littleminnie

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 07:15:55 PM »

Hi Kathleen, I am on Everol Conti patches and I am not grumpy or angry at all.  Maybe a change of HRT?

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 07:21:48 PM »

Evoril Conti has norethisterone as its progesterone. That was the reason I changed to try something different.

Honeyb
X

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 09:01:03 AM »

I was on Evorel and changed to Femseven because of the grumpy two weeks each month but now I am switching back because I couldn't stand the Femseven patches falling off all the time and giving me bleeding at the wrong time. I can't try utrogestan because of the soya content and am not allowed pills because of my age.... rock and a hard place.

Kathleen - I think the norethisterone is to blame for your grumpiness - does it feel like constant PMT?

Taz x

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 09:10:37 AM »

Thank you all ladies for your replies, it helps so much to talk to people who understand.
Taz 2 - yes, I feel as if I have constant and raging PMT. I will make an appointment with GP and ask about a change of HRT.
Many thanks.
K.