Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Do you have a twin sister?  (Read 2727 times)

dulciana

Do you have a twin sister?
« on: August 13, 2013, 02:21:26 PM »

I have a twin sister - and while I'm getting pretty well every menopause symptom in the book, my sister isn't getting any of them at all.   Life's a bit unfair, sometimes, I feel!  Has anyone else experienced either this, or the opposite where your twin is going through the same as you?  I'd be really interested to know!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 04:25:03 PM by dulciana »

mand3966

Re: Are you a twin?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 02:58:12 PM »

HI,

I am also a twin.... but afraid I can't comment as my twin is a male!!!!!  Would have been quite interesting if he had also been female as I started the menopause early at the age of around 36.... I wonder if my twin would have too?

Mand3966

dulciana

Re: Do you have a twin sister?
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 04:28:27 PM »

Sorry mand3966, but thanks - subject now modified!
dulciana
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 04:34:40 PM by dulciana »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 09:11:29 PM »

The subject of multiples has interested me for many years.  Do you share many issues?

dulciana

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 07:44:19 PM »

Well, certainly not the menopause as yet, CLKD!

Pip67

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 12:04:32 PM »

Hi, Yes I have a twin.  I have been having symptoms for about 5 years and sometimes she will phone me and say, "I've been feeling really odd lately etc etc" and I tell her it is probably peri-meno.  So I don't think she has had the experiences I have had.  She always seemed to have an easier time of the month too.  I had/have raging PMT, heavy, long periods, pains etc and she seemed to get of quite lightly, so to speak.  We are not identical BTW.  I wonder if identical twins go through everything the same way as they are genetically identical.

Pip

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 03:10:05 PM »

The way to find out is to study twins separated at birth.

dulciana

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 07:53:36 PM »

That's interesting to know, Pip67 - thanks for sharing it.   My sister and I have had fairly opposite experiences too.  It's 99% certain that we're identical, although there was a tiny bit of doubt about it when we were born.  She had a really bad time until recently, with long, heavy periods for ages, while I only had this a few times before things stopped.  I've been fully meno for nearly two years, but as far as I know, she's had one flush, once!   I don't hold this against her, because she did have a really horrible time with bleeding that is fortunately almost a thing of the past for her now.   But she simply can't identify with the huge bouquet (just to call them something nice!) of symptoms that I've had to get used to over the last couple of years and that can pretty frustrating!  Mind you, maybe it's better that we don't go through this together, as sparks might fly otherwise - even though we live 400 miles apart!