Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Don't know what to do next ??  (Read 8883 times)

Mini2005

Re: Don't know what to do next ??
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2013, 02:51:12 PM »

I really don't understand this at all. Years ago when I had a majorly overactive thyroid, I took propanalol in doses of up to 40mg 3 times a day with no problem whatsoever.

Maybe its because I have a combination now of underactive thyroid which needs thyroxine daily and the horrible menopause combination of symptoms.  My body just isn't happy taking it regularly.

Since posting last night, I had the worst night's sleep and when I did sleep I had awful nightmares.  So far today I have not taken any propanalol and by lunchtime the anxiety had disappeared.  Still waiting for my doctor to ring but my mind is definitely made up - Femoston 2/10 for me now.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2013, 07:10:24 PM »

It's nice when we make up our minds.  Hopefully your GP will support your idea.  My meds give me busy, long, involved dreams  ::)

Mini2005

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2013, 09:27:40 PM »

I have now been taking Femoston 2/10 for 4 months and I am still getting a fair amount of anxiety and low mood.  I have decided enough is enough and I have decided to stop taking the HRT altogether and see how I go without it.  I just have a feeling that it is perhaps the HRT which is causing the anxiety and low mood because these are symptoms I didn't have before I started taking HRT.  My main problems were recurring UTI symptoms and insomnia.  I have some estrogen cream for the UTI symptoms and I think possibly the insomnia could have been down to my thyroid.  Just a theory but I've got to the stage where I don't know what to do for the best.

I will carry on taking the Starflower Oil which seems to help the flushes etc. and see how it goes.

If anyone else has experience of this, how long before any symptoms might kick back in if they're going to come back at all.

Mrs January

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2013, 04:38:01 PM »

Hi

I take Propananol for an essential tremor...my hands shake mildly:( I do find it helps though with anxiety but I only take 10mgs three times a day......just a thought could you reduce the dose and see what happens....all the best

Lyn :)
Pages: 1 [2]