Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: TV stress  (Read 5280 times)

dulciana

TV stress
« on: August 08, 2013, 08:08:35 PM »

Does anyone else find watching the telly of an evening can stress them out?  I'm sitting here watching a Prom concert on TV and because the camera's moving about and the music's quite intense, it's stressed me out and brought on a hot flush!   I never was a particular Symphony Fantastique fan, but this is ridiculous!

Joyce

Re: TV stress
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 08:23:26 PM »

Oh yes, I sympathise. If hubby is watching some film which is going fast & furious, I take myself off to somewhere quiet. Sometimes it's the noise, sometimes the pictures, sometimes both. Takes all the enjoyment out of watching something. I often find it's worse when I'm tired. I describe it as feeling the way a baby does when fighting sleep.

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 08:38:28 PM »

Hello dulciana.
I know what you mean, I've given up watching 'Top of the Lake' as all the way through every single character was irritating me!
K.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 11:04:05 AM »

I hate the soundtrack to films - all that swirly music. I loved the Southcliffe drama this week because it didn't have any music at all. Mind you I think I have always found it irritating but have only just worked it out!

Taz x

Suzi Q

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 11:23:08 AM »

Hello dulciana.
I know what you mean, I've given up watching 'Top of the Lake' as all the way through every single character was irritating me!
K.
That the one set in New Zealand yes? I wanted to kill and dismember the TV I hated it

Suzi Q

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 11:24:39 AM »

Geoffreey goes to be before me so I keep every night something like HUH or SB or MAKE over
Its mindless and I get calm  give it a try?

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 01:33:11 PM »

What's HUH?

Lucky Stone

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 04:02:11 PM »

Homes Under The Hammer maybe  ??? I know what you mean about fast moving stuff, some dramas whizz from shot to shot which I sure the director thinks makes it exciting but it just makes my eyes go all weird. Maybe a combination of age, hormones and the new methods used when filming now?

honeybun

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 06:57:04 PM »

I don't think I pay enough attention for it to affect me.

I don't like watching the news though. When they report on child abuse I get very upset. The reporting on the little boy who had been starved and abused broke my heart.

Honeyb
X

lesley998

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2013, 07:38:02 PM »

dulciana...I know exactly what you mean. 

Sometimes I feel so ill at ease with life....like I am trapped in my own skin.  I just want to go in a dark room and de stress. I even lie in bed at night and get stressed...legs moving all over  the bed, getting impatient and jittery about nothing.

..it's all about hormones.  I hate this bloody menopause :(

dulciana

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2013, 08:51:14 PM »

Sweet pea - it's certainly no joyride, is it?   I keep a little bottle of lavender oil by my bedside, to help me relax if I wake up in the middle of the night.  Really helpful.  My hubby likes the smell, too!  (The cat doesn't, which is a shame, because cuddling the cat and being rewarded with a soppy purrr also helps!)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 08:53:28 PM by dulciana »

Elena

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2013, 11:20:29 PM »

I find meditation helps with the jitters.  You do have to practice it for ten minutes a day though.  Just ten minutes of thinking about NOTHING does wonders.