Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Breast Pain, Headaches and Depression  (Read 3911 times)

piglet

Breast Pain, Headaches and Depression
« on: August 03, 2013, 03:22:48 PM »

[color=mar
I have always suffered from migraine,since the agoe of 12,and many years later severe PMT!
During peri-menopause,I developed breast pain, depression & anxiety :'(..I was prescribed at the time evening primrose oil (pharmaceutical grade),which made little difference!..

Fast foward (I am now 63)..I am still suffering from bouts of depression,Anxiety & severe breast pain...I was told,when I went for a breast scan (Bupa) I had dilated milk ducts,and was told to take soya capsules,and drink organic milk and caffeine free tea.Which I did!...I returned for a second scan,only to be told,there had been no change and that I had small cysts.I was prescribed Tamoxifen,which resulted in side effects,so i discontinued taking them.My GP also rang me to say they can cause depression!

I am waiting for a appointment at the local breast clinic,and hoping I will find out why my breast pain has worsened.I am still taking anti-depressants.( Breast Pain started long before I started taking them),valium for anxiety attacks,(but not on a permananent basis!)..I also take zomig for migraine.Sometimes when I develop a migraine my breast pain gets much worse!..Is anyone suffering from a similar problem(s)?..Would love to hear from you!  :)

[/color]
[/font]

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Breast Pain, Headaches and Depression
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 09:58:28 AM »

:welcomemm:

Why were you prescribed Tamoxifen? It is an oestrogen suppressant. It is usually given to ladies following surgery.  The drug almost killed me  :-\

Depression - can be hormone related. So we are more prone to it as we age.  Are you taking any medication for the depression?  I have taken various types of AD since the 1990s.

Breast pain can be hormone related.  Your scans show that there is no untoward disease.  I can understand the soya suggestion but organic milk and caffeine-free tea?  I would like to see the peer reviewed research on that one  ::)  ;).  It is really Trial and Error ..... finding what suits us during the Journey. 

I used Valium: 5mg: on an 'as necessary' basis for many years.  My GP has more recently prescribed a beta-blocka which really really helps, it means that DH and I have a Life together again.  There is a 'test' which can determine how depressed a person is and whether ornot medication would help.

How about using the Valium - what doseage are you on -  regularlarly for 2/3 weeks?  1 tablet 3 times a day?  To see if it helps ease the symptoms and by how much?   Yoga can help anxiety as can swimming and brisk walking.

PMT can be eased by eating correctly - that is, every 3 hours.  Recommended by NAPS.