Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: bloody Doctors!  (Read 12177 times)

Taz2

Re: bloody Doctors!
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2013, 11:15:34 AM »

I think she meant you were too old to be in menopause but not too old to be post-menopause. It gets very confusing. Have a look at the alternative therapies mentioned here in the menu on the left of the screen. You should be able to come to a decision from the information there although not many women have reported success for more severe meno symptoms. Maybe the aching hips and joints are osteo arthritis? This wouldn't show up in a blood test.

Taz

LizeeeH

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2013, 02:05:12 PM »

Thanks Taz :)
well I did show her my swollen wrist joint, she just wasn't interested >:( said makers were put on my blood test to look for inflammatory conditions and nothing found. Will look into other alternatives ;) ;)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2013, 05:07:57 PM »

The blood test would have been looking for rheumatoid arthritis.  The blood test came back within normal limits probably.

LizeeeH

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2013, 12:10:39 PM »

yes probably, it was a FBC and she said all was "normal"...even my liver which I was astonished at due to my wine intake recently ;D ;D ;D

Tingly

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2013, 08:54:01 AM »

Just to add to this discussion. I have been suffering of late from v bad va. it took me 3 weeks to get an initial appointment to my surgery( there are only 2 docs left for 1700 patoents) i have seen a resident doc there and two locums.. Each one has given advice that contradicts the other. The final one that i saw last week couldnt have been more rude if she tried. As i was feeling extremely depressed i began to think it must be me .. Until i founs a website called nhs choices and looked at other patients reviews. The surgery has been red flagged for below par performance and had an extremely low rating and page after page of damaging reviews from desperate patients
I am sick of doctors kicking people when they are down...honestly i have got that desperate i started to entertain thoughts of suicide and the doctor shouted at me!
In the end i ended up spending my savings on seeing a private gp... It shouldnt come to this.

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2013, 09:41:55 AM »

:thankyou:  for NHS Choices - will be having a look-see  ;)

Elena

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2013, 06:47:33 PM »

I checked there before I signed up with a new practice after I moved house.  It is also useful for finding out how many female GPs are at a practice.

Tingly

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2013, 07:19:30 PM »

You know, not wishing to hijack the thread , but when i look back each doc at the surgery has contradicted another
First one put me on prempak
I went back for a review and the secomd doctor said 'what are u on that for" and gave me estradot and utrogestan but said cos estradot 75 wasnt readily available i should get 100's and cut em up
The third one said that was unwise and put me on double the dose via hormonin
The fourth one said initially to go back to estradot as horminin is slow to work on va, and said to use ovestin cream which according to her was exacly the same as vagifem. When i queried why the other doc had said use hormonin, she did a u turn and ended up raising her voice to me when i asked to go to a meno clinic!

... And ive just found out ovestin isnt identical to vagifem at all 

CLKD

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2013, 07:43:02 PM »

::)

Scampi

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2013, 11:27:47 AM »

Blood tests within normal limits do NOT rule out inflammatory disease!  I have psoriatic arthritis (an inflammatory disease linked to psoriasis on the skin, with symptoms and treatment similar to rheumatoid arthritis) and when I first went to my (I have to admit, wonderful) GP, I had a finger so swollen I couldn't bend it.  The inflammatory markers in my blood were (and always have been) within normal limits - common in psoriatic arthritis, even in cases so severe as to cause immobility.  If you have ever had psoriasis, PA is worth looking into.

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2013, 09:25:16 PM »

:thankyou:  Scampi

In the same way as a thyroid function test can be 'within normal limits' but the patient still has a thyroid which needs adjusting  ::)
Pages: 1 2 [3]