Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: bloody Doctors!  (Read 12180 times)

LizeeeH

bloody Doctors!
« on: July 29, 2013, 10:52:54 AM »

hello lovely ladies ;)
Ok had blood tests (FBC) and all came back normal, the dr that ordered blood work pooed the idea that menopause causes aches and pains >:(................so today after waiting 2 weeks to see another lady Dr who I thought would have more knowledge etc told me I was too old to be going through menopause, im 55 :o So the night sweating, aches n pains, insomnia , weight gain, mood swings are all in my head!!!!!! >:( >:(

LizeeeH

Re: bloody Doctors!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 10:54:07 AM »

P.S she seemed to "go off" when I mentioned I come on this wonderful forum ;)

Morwenna

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 11:47:23 AM »

I've been convinced for sometime now there is a conspiracy amongst the medical profession to not acknowledge all the effects of menopause - maybe they're trying to discourage HRT use, I don't know - or maybe paranoia is another symptom! Fortunately my GP, although not as clued up as he could be, is always open to suggestion from me. Although he won't run the additional blood tests I requested after the 'standard' ones came back with results all 'well within the normal range'..   >:(

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 11:48:16 AM »

What is it with some doctors. I know they can't be experts in everything but a working knowledge would be good.

What was the outcome Lizee. We're you hoping for HRT.

Don't give up if you were. Take a print out of the meno symptoms and stick it under her nose and insist that you are not too old ( what a load of b###ks) and that it is most certainly not in your head.

Honeyb
X

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 12:10:19 PM »

Yes I agree with Honeybun - gather as much info as you can and book another appointment. You are not too old - menopausal symptoms can last for the rest of our lives. With a bit of luck you will get a prescription for HRT so you can have at least five years of feeling better before they start muttering about getting to 60 and coming off it!!

Taz x

LizeeeH

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 12:17:35 PM »

Thank you ladies ;)
I told her I wanted to avoid HRT, I also showed her my slightly swollen wrist but the blood tests showed no inflammatory diseases so she told me to take ibruprofen.....I can only hope when she gets to menopausal age she eats her words ;D ;D

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 12:27:44 PM »

Sorry I misunderstood! I am not sure what you wanted her to say then if you didn't want HRT to relieve the symptoms? Did you just want agreement as to the fact that it was menopause making you feel so horrible but she refused to say that? :-\

Taz x

LizeeeH

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2013, 12:56:41 PM »

Hi Taz

What I actually said is I would prefer to avoid HRT if poss but had she said that yes all the pains etc are menopause and HRT would help a lot then I would have considered it but she just was 100% convinced it had nothing to do with hormones or arthritis and basically looked at me like I was stupid :P the fact I "hobble" like an old witch in the mornings didn't phase her at all and she told me to get a form and refer myself to the physio >:(

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2013, 01:32:28 PM »

Ah right! The hobble-effect - or monster walk as some of us call it - does disappear for me when I am on HRT but I wouldn't take it for that symptom alone. Your doc should read this http://www.ehow.co.uk/about_5273379_joint-pain-menopause.html

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2013, 01:59:12 PM »

...I can only hope when she gets to menopausal age she eats her words ;D ;D

Oh I'm with you on that!  Many GPs don't have a Scooby!  ???

Elena

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2013, 02:40:27 PM »

I get the hobble walk first thing and have done for some time.  BUT worryingly it is starting to last more and more into the day whereas once I was up for about 15 mins it would be gone.  Now it seems that soon as I sit down to rest when i get up hobble walk returns   :-\

LizeeeH

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2013, 03:21:22 PM »

ah yes me too milliemoo, when Im watching TV and I (try) to get up Im like a 90 year old :( :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2013, 03:29:46 PM »

I don't suppose menopause is taught to Trainee GPs  >:(  ...........

Elena

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2013, 05:53:31 PM »

or even some qualified GPs it seems  >:(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2013, 09:01:24 PM »

Qualified GPs would have gone through all the Specialities to get to where they are: maybe meno symptoms are left out  :-\ ....... perhaps the Drugs Companies don't think it worth while to hold Conferences on menopause  :(
Pages: [1] 2 3