Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Blown out of proportion  (Read 6776 times)

Delilah

Blown out of proportion
« on: July 25, 2013, 10:46:28 AM »

Hi all

I've recently realised that even the smallest disagreement or worry that i have seems to be greatly exagerated in my mind during this menopause period. I get very anxious over quite minor disagreements, specifically with hubby, and i just cant get things into perspective.

Last night he wanted to show me something he'd read on the computer, i was tired and already worried about something else so i was'nt very open to discussing it, hence we had a minor disagreement and i went off to bed in a huff. This morning i woke in a state of anxiety, couldn't get calm stsrted feeling really worked up and had to take a diazepam to calm down. This has happened a few times and i find that i'm trying desperately now not to have any arguments or even slight disagreements with him as i cant take how it makes me feel afterwards.

Is this just me or others of you out there having these sort of over the top feelings about minor things.

Delilah x

Claireylou

Re: Blown out of proportion
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 11:25:24 AM »

Hi Delilah

I get these feelings too. And if there's nothing to worry about i will go looking for something!  I've got a fantastic hubby thank goodness who tends to make allowances these days. I find myself thinking that if we have a little tiff that he's going to leave me etc and I get sooooo worked up which in turn starts panic attacks etc. Its all in my head of course cos he would never leave.

Have you tried talking to him about how you feel ? It may make him understand and he can offer reassurance to you. I did with mine and it helped things no end.

Hope this helps, sending hugs

Claire x

Weejeannie

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 02:34:36 PM »

Hi Delilah

I can completely relate to this, I was beginning to think it was just me and that I was such an unreasonable person at times.

A couple of weeks back, I went completely off the rails, and it was only because I was irritated at the fact that he wasn't understanding my instructions on how to work the remote control. I threw anything that was next to me. tv magazine, my handbag, and I even took my specs off and fired them at him. I was screaming and shouting like a headcase, he was totally shocked. I was totally irrational.

I went to bed in a total huff too. Next morning everything I had thrown was still where it landed the night before, I went and tearfully apologised for my behaviour, he made me feel really bad when he said, 'it's ok sweetheart, but I wish I knew what it is about me that irritates you so much'. I couldn't answer.

So Delilah, you are not alone in feeling like this, I have no idea what the answer is however, I wish I did. 

Hugs WJ x

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 03:25:52 PM »

You are not alone. I'm getting new furniture tomorrow. Old stuff went today, but I am convinced new stuff won't make it into house. Panicked other day and phoned hubby, he says all will be well. I've measured and remeasured and told himself, but we  are currently not discussing the matter. He phoned company today and said there may be a problem but they say they've never been beaten.

I'm in a huff and he can't see the problem.   Arghhhhhhhh

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 03:30:02 PM »

Don't worry CG, all will probably be fine. We were the same when we moved here but the removal guys are like magicians and manage somehow.

I used to have really bad episodes of loosing the plot completely. HRT has levelled me off and calmed things down a lot. I sometimes can feel things starting to boil and when I do I take myself off and talk myself down. I used to be ashamed of myself I was so bad off and on.

Are to taking anything to help?

Honeyb
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 06:43:12 PM »

Yep.  Sometimes I feel that DH is boring me whereas he is sharing - in the same way he always has done  ::)

Tell your OH that 'sorry, this is hormonal, nothing personal'

Limpy

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 07:24:35 PM »

CG - The  problem, if there is one,  is in their hands.
Hubby says don't worry, company says they haven't been beaten.
Come the delivery, suck your breath in over your teeth, slowly, like builders do.
Leave them be, you've done your bit.
Enjoy the furniture

Delilah

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 11:50:25 AM »

Thanks girls

Its a relief to know i'm not going completely mad but sorry to hear you're all suffering too.  Talking with my sis-in-law yesterday and when she gets worried or worked up about something it brings on a flush but she knew exactly what I meant by trying to avoid situations that cause these things to happen.  Anxiety is something I've never suffered with in my life, not even when taking exams or interviews, now the smallest thing can set me off and Claireylou the bit about thinking your hubbies gonna leave you, yep every little thing makes me think the worst, even if he's had a hard day and not very talkative my mind goes into overdrive and I'm thinking all sorts of rubbish.  I should talk to him but I'm sure he's sick of hearing about my problems, he's got a lot on his plate at work.  This is the place I come to vent my problems and get things into perspective.

Weejeannie - your hubby sounds like a dream, not sure mine would have been quite that tollerant.  I tend not to rant and rave but turn into a quivering wreck and am so sensitive to everything its pathetic.

Thanks all for sharing,  :hug: for all you fellow sufferers.

Delilah x

Weejeannie

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2013, 01:24:23 PM »

Hi Delilah

Oh I don't think that my partner is that tolerant hahaha, I think he was in shock, his head is full of his own problems that he rarely shares with me, buries his head in the sand. Maybe he's scared of my reaction, which is unpredictable at best.

Strange isn't it that we don't want to 'burden' them with our problems, talking to them is probably the best thing, hmmm !!

Hope you are feeling better, vent if you are, vent if you're not !!

On the verge of tears, as always !!  :(

Elena

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2013, 02:42:18 PM »

CG - did the furniture fit ok??!!

Meg

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 01:04:14 AM »

Dear Delilah

You are not alone in feeling the way you do.  Menopause has pushed my own marriage to the brink.  Sometimes I think I could walk.  My moods are very up and down and I totally overthink things.  These are common menopause symptoms, (feelings like you are not coping like you used to).  Last night I was so tired I just started ranting, with some justification I might add, and then I was in tears like a girl in puberty.  This is something I find really difficult but I know the emotional symptoms affect so many women.

Meg

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2013, 12:50:24 PM »

Sometimes I could walk - for complete peace.  No TV.  No rattling of kitchen crockery.  When we go away to B&B it is SO relaxing not to have to do anything  ::)  ............

Delilah

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2013, 02:27:34 PM »

Big big :hug: for you all and thanks for making me feel "normal" !!

Hope you're all having a good day  :D

Delilah x

yorkshirerose

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2013, 10:03:12 PM »

OMG - thought it was just me too.....been tearful, irrational, moody - my poor hubby doesn't know what's hit him, I ended up in tears today when two kids were playing football in the street and it was really annoying me............haven't had a period for 6 months now, just turned 50 - don't want to go down the HRT route but need something to calm me down, can anyone suggest anything herbal please :'(

Elena

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2013, 10:25:11 PM »

Wine!
Pages: [1] 2