Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Tramadol  (Read 5954 times)

ann123

Tramadol
« on: July 25, 2013, 10:21:34 AM »

I fell over on Monday and hurt my arm. Normal pain killers were not helping so doctor gave me Tramadol, this has made me dizzy and really sick. This is on side effects.
Anyone else had bad reaction to this pain killer?
I have stopped taking them!!

ellie

Re: Tramadol
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 11:26:46 AM »

I take co codamol in the day, and two Tramadol at night.....they don't have any bad affects on me....

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 12:11:02 PM »

I took them a while back for severe back pain - didn't make me feel like that although they did wipe me out a bit.  Have you tried Paramol - you can get them over the counter (paracetamol and codeine mix) and I find they help with most things.

Babylon Burning

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 01:25:39 PM »

I was given Tramadol after my surgery in March and they actually made me physically sick so you are not alone.  I only took one dose and went back on paracetamol and ibuprofen, being sick after abdominal surgery is very painful!

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 01:53:52 PM »

My husband had an operation a couple of weeks ago and was given Tramodol and paracetamol when he cam home for post-operative pain. The Tramadol not only did not deal with the severe pain but made him feel really ill. The only thing that worked was morphine syrup and paracetamol so he took this for a few days.

Hurdity x

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 03:18:30 PM »

I was fine with it, took at bedtime. But know someone who had to sent home from work because of side effects. We worked with children and she shouted for me. I found her slithering down a wall in the toilet. Thank goodness not in front of children! Boss bundled her into a taxi. She was then violently sick when she got home.  I got Ponstan after hysterectomy.

ann123

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 04:12:29 PM »

Thanks, at least I am not alone! I have been in bed all day, every time I stand up I think I am going to be sick again and feel dizzy. I have stopped taking them and they didnt help the pain anyway!!!

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 04:38:24 PM »

Stay in bed until it passes. It should be out of your system soon.

There is one thing that has always puzzled me. Why is the same amount of medication given no matter what your weight is. A 15 stone man would be given the same as a 8 stone woman.
They really should take these things into account.

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013, 05:12:31 PM »

Good point HB!

ariadne

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2013, 09:07:17 PM »

Tramadol made me feel dizzy and sick also.  :sick02:

ariadne xx