Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Exam tomorrow!  (Read 7274 times)

dulciana

Holiday and - exam success!
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2013, 12:46:56 PM »

South west for our holiday, CLKD - friends and family, this time.   

And I've just found out I passed the organ exam I mentioned before, despite hormonal hiccups on the day!!  It's been really worth stepping out of my own little menopausal comfort zone, because the feeling of personal achievement I've got from this  has boosted my confidence and self-esteem in a way that no other remedy could have done at the moment.  It's made me see myself less as Menopausal Woman, and more as Me again.  I just want to say, folks - don't let the meno. hold you back from doing something you really want to do.  It doesn't need to, and if you "go for it", it could make all the difference!

Limpy

Re: Exam tomorrow!
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2013, 05:23:16 PM »

Well done Dulciana

:congrats:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2013, 06:12:28 PM »

:bounce: :drunk:

Dyan

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2013, 06:36:30 PM »

Well done Dulciana!!! :congrats:

dulciana

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2013, 07:16:23 PM »

Thank you! ............Now for the written papers in five months' time - maybe the meno will be over by then. (Some chance!!!)

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2013, 09:35:39 PM »

:o  ...... I didn't like theory much  :-\

Joyce

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2013, 10:04:08 AM »

I remember what hubby was like doing grade 3 guitar many moons ago. Think he only did the practical bit though. He said never again, way too stressful.

Limpy

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2013, 10:42:18 AM »

It's like when you play in an orchestra or band. Playing exposed solos totally alone, is very very scary approaching the concert. Feel a lot better when you actually start playing.

dulciana

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2013, 01:18:05 PM »

Yes, indeed, Limpy!!  What do you play?   When I first became menopausal, I was already a church organist and was used to playing for whole services every week; however - you know the "concentration lapse" and "anxiety" bits that come with this meno business?  Over a fairly short time, they had become my gremlins and I had to fight them on a weekly basis.  I've now found ways to win those particular battles, thank goodness.  In the end, though, pulling out all the organ stops and losing myself in musical sound really is the most fantastic release from hormonal ups and downs - once I start playing, of course!!

Limpy

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2013, 05:28:01 PM »

Dulciana - used to play French Horn at people.
Haven't even tried to blow it for, must be 6 years.
Where I live now is about 30 miles from any orchestra, so things hornwise have gone into disuse.
You never forget the feeling of abject terror though!   :-\
Or indeed the total joy if something goes well.  :)

dulciana

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2013, 08:42:01 PM »

Limpy - I take my hat off to anyone who can play the French horn - and I do know what you mean about the joys and terrors - the joys make it all worthwhile!  (And push all menopausal memories out the window!) 

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2013, 01:35:46 PM »

I never felt anxious before a concert, nervous yes but knew that would go once we began playing  :-*

Theory is related to maths and I can't do sums - in fact at Music College you can't take music without maths along side  ;)

My paternal Grandma could sing
My Dad played the fiddle and could sing
My Mum played the organ but couldn't sing ......
I played piano, (exams), recorder (1st primary school recorder band in the country), clarinet, sang in school Choir and in the band/orchestra
Sister played the piano
We both did ballet and I went on to French and tap classes which meant exams and exhibitions  :o

All I wanted to do was ride a horse  >:(
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 01:37:35 PM by CLKD »
Pages: 1 [2]