Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: First Breast Screen - Scared  (Read 15886 times)

Joyce

Re: First Breast Screen - Scared
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2013, 12:43:49 AM »

Like everyone has said try not to worry, easier said than done. Not uncommon for recalls. Think positive, at least they are being thorough. Hang in there.  :hug:

Weejeannie

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2013, 01:58:27 PM »

Thank you all for your messages of support, I will be going on Tuesday morning, so will let you know how it goes.
At the moment I am trying so hard to remain positive, but to be perfectly honest, I feel as if I could throw up.

Crying almost constant and dreaming about doctors telling me that I have cancer, I am just a mess.

Sorry for venting, I feel as if that is all I do on here. All I want is to be happy and healthy, not miserable and stressed out as I have been for months, need a break from this cycle.

Joyce

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2013, 02:05:22 PM »

Awe no need to apologise. We've probably all vented at some point on here. Sending you  :bighug:

bramble

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2013, 04:58:17 PM »

We all know how you feel. It is so scary. I did absolutely nothing in the week I had to wait except sit and read. It was the only thing I could do to keep my mind occupied and to stop shaking. When I went (in the morning) the nurses were so concerned that I had had no breakfast, I didn't like to tell them that I hadn't eaten for a week! They made me eat a biscuit and drink water because I felt a bit faint (it was a toasting hot day). Tuesday will be here quite soon and you can get it over with. Have you got someone to drive you? Is it near at hand? My friends took me through and dropped me off. There was no way I could have got myself on the train or driven through. The nurses and doctors are really nice and they are used to women in distress /nervous so you will be in good hands. You will probably get another mammogram and an ultra sound but they will explain all that to you in the leaflet they sent and they will explain it all on Tuesday.
Good luck and stay strong. My thoughts are with you.
Bramble

Weejeannie

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2013, 11:44:27 AM »

Hi Bramble

My partner is going to come with me, no way I could go myself.

I work in the hospital where the breast screening is done, was tempted to phone but too afriad of
finding out something beforehand.

I am trying to be positive, I am at work today, couldn't have stayed home, would have driven myself mad.

Thanks for your understanding everyone, and for not judging me for being an absolute paranoid wreck.

WJ

ann123

« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2013, 05:42:04 PM »

Good luck tomorrow, hope all goes smoothly
Ann

Joyce

« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2013, 05:43:04 PM »

Crossing fingers for you tomorrow.

Babylon Burning

« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2013, 07:37:29 PM »

Good luck for tomorrow, will be thinking of you.

bramble

« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2013, 09:14:48 PM »

Good luck WeeJeanie. Hope it all goes well for you tomorrow.

Bramble

Weejeannie

« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2013, 02:05:58 PM »

Went this morning, they found a shadow on my right breast and want to have a further look.
I had another mammogram and an ultrasound.  The doctor also had a clinical examination, she couldn't find any lumps or bumps.  The radiologist doctor said that the ultrasound showed lots of cysts in this area but this shadow was behind them.
He was not sure that this wasn't another cyst or something else and so I had to have biopsy done, I won't get the results until next week.
The shadow was small, the breast care nurse said it was approx. a little finger nail size, so maybe half an inch.
All I can do is wait.
The staff were so lovely, and I actually feel a bit calmer, perhaps because I saw that the shadow was small and maybe easier to deal with if it is something sinister.

I feel as if I have been hit by a bus, exhausted, sick and weak feeling.
Going to see my doc tomorrow as the breast care nurse said she may help me with something to ease my anxiety over the next week. I don't know what on earth would work instantly, but we'll see.

pj44

« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2013, 02:20:47 PM »

I have gone through what you have and I am all fine.  Diazipam is quick working and its what I have if anxiety is bad. I hope all is well for you too.

Clovie

« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2013, 02:41:03 PM »

I've been thinking of you today, Weejeannie xxxxx
you've been very brave!!

If you need something like diazepam to help you through the week, then please make sure you ask for it. Anything that helps you through in the meantime.
A week is a long time - but then again not as long as some results take to come back.

Fingers toes and anything that will cross are crossed for you.
Here's hoping everything is fine xxxxxxxxx

bramble

« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2013, 03:47:48 PM »

Glad it is all over for you for a wee while. I found the week I was waiting for my biopsy results was much easier than the week I was waiting for the recall appointment. Perhaps because I had a better idea what I was facing. I will keep my fingers crossed for you and hope the week goes quickly.
Bramble

bramble

« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2013, 05:40:09 PM »

Weejeanie,
Well you should be getting your results this week. I hope all goes well for you. Good luck,
Bramble

Weejeannie

« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2013, 07:34:40 AM »

I get them on Wednesday. Terrified that there will be something wrong, I think what makes things worse is that a work colleague just had a mastectomy, she didn't find a lump and it was found on screening.
I know that my logical mind should tell me that at least it was found and dealt with quickly.
I don't have a logical mind at the moment.
My doctor gave me diazepam, these have helped a great deal to supress my anxiety for now.

Thank you for your good wishes.
WJ
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4