Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Periods after 9 months?  (Read 6107 times)

annemarie

Periods after 9 months?
« on: July 07, 2013, 01:51:29 PM »

Hi Can anyone confirm this is usual so many conflicting answers, had  no period for over 9 months, been having hot flushes and after numerous tablets from the doctors have settled with Premensil which are great I have reduced flushes by 70% and no night sweats.  Then out of the blue at my daughters wedding I started to bleed and now have terrible stomach cramps and full blown period - has anyone else had this, should i see my doctor or is this ok/

Anne marie

honeybun

Re: Periods after 9 months?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 02:17:39 PM »

Don't worry it's perfectly normal. I went six months the first time and then about eight months the second before I gave up and went on HRT.
The time to go to your doctor is if you have not had a period for over a year and then you start to bleed.

It's really annoying but par for the course.

Hope it did not spoil the wedding. It could well have been stress induced with all the wedding nerves.

Honeyb
X

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 07:16:42 PM »

I agree that though frustrating it is normal. I went nine months twice and then back to regular periods. It is annoying. You often find that hot flushes stop when a period is on the way so it will be interesting to see if it is the promensil which has helped with the flushes or whether they had stopped anyway. Let us know.

Taz x

annemarie

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 08:54:59 PM »

:) Flushes have returned but not as often and still no night sweats

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 07:52:15 AM »

That's encouraging news. It will be interesting to see if you have another period.

Taz x

Lynne888

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 08:28:34 PM »

Just posted something along the same lines.. how old are you? I actually had hormone tests that suggested I was in full meno but I've just had a period after 5 months. My GP is going to send me for some sort of test, not sure what. It is so frustrating but I'm pleased to read it's not unheard of! I'm more concerned because I'm almost 56 and have been in peri for years. I'm too old to still be in peri so I'm told!!

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 08:31:10 PM »

Reading this Lynne you are not the only one!! http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/menopause/msg0716103911003.html

Taz x

Lynne888

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2013, 08:49:13 PM »

Thank you Taz!! I shall print this off and show my GP!! xx

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2013, 09:50:54 PM »

Glad to be of help!

Taz x