Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sharing good news  (Read 11849 times)

fiorinda

Sharing good news
« on: July 02, 2013, 07:00:16 PM »

I'm not sure if this is the right board for this!

I've not been here long, and don't know folks well yet, but I just wanted to share my news - my partner and I got engaged this morning! I'm really happy!

I've been married before, but we got married because we thought we might as well - we'd been together 7 years, got a mortgage and kids etc so it seemed like the normal thing to do. This time I'm getting married for pure romance! I'm very excited!

I suspect I may turn into 'wedding planner-bore'!!

ann123

Re: Sharing good news
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 07:01:47 PM »

Congratulations, wishing you many years of romance x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 09:08:41 PM »

:cake:   :congrats:  it's always lovely to share romance.  I "FELL" in love with the man who evenutally became my husband/ROCK  :-*

I have loved other men without there being any sex involved.  The first I was certain I would marry.  The 2nd knew he wouldn't marry me but we had good fun.  Then I FELL  ;D

bramble

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 10:18:01 PM »

Congratulations! May you have many happy years together. And please share with us all the excitement of a wedding!

Bramble

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 07:24:41 AM »

Ahh loving hearing about romance. CONGRATULATIONS!  :party09:

You won't bore us with wedding plans, so do tell.

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 09:43:06 AM »

Congratulations and don't worry about boring us, we love to hear about weddings :)

Limpy

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 09:54:30 AM »

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Dyan

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 01:06:12 PM »

:congrats: Florinda.
I love a bit of romance.

Evenstar

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 06:39:24 PM »

Oh congratulations. How wonderful xxxx

fiorinda

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2013, 07:22:44 PM »

Thank you all! We're waiting till my house is sold and Lee gets a permanent job before we set a date, but if you're interested, when we begin to plan for real, I'll keep you updated. I have so many lovely ideas going round in my head!! Neither of us is keen on having a traditional type of wedding - I wore a black dress to my first wedding and will probably wear one again this time, I wear black most of the time. Lee hates suits and shirts and wants to wear a long sleeved black tee and black bondage pants, and I've said as long as he doesn't wear a bleeding hoody that's fine with me (he's only 24!)!! We'll be doing it on a tiny budget too - by which I don't mean several thousand pounds, I mean several hundred. I already have a pinterest board full of pics though!!  ;D

Joyce

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2013, 01:43:35 PM »

It's your day, so you organise it whatever way you like.   You are also allowed to dress in whatever you feel most comfortable in.
We married in register office 36 years ago this year. Not much fuss, as wasn't our style and had a brilliant day.
Do keep us posted.

Limpy

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2013, 01:58:00 PM »

You don't need a lot of money.

We married in a register office 29 years ago.
Ceremony - 11.30
Pub - 12.00
Lunch -14.00

Had a smashing day

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2013, 02:04:09 PM »

black with pink/green/deep crimson/bright yellow accessories - are you writing your own 'service'?  My friend did a humanist service in a hotel ........ they dedicated words to each other in front of friends and family.  Peaceful and really special.

fiorinda

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2013, 02:26:02 PM »

My first wedding cost us about £200 all together, with gifts of wine from my sister and cakes from friends, and the reception in my mother's garden. I did my own catering, including the cake. Mum said it was one of the best weddings she'd been to!!

This time round I'd like to spend a little more, as I feel it means much more to me, but not stupid amounts. I envisage a small ceremony, family and close friends, a meal somewhere and a bring and share reception in a community hall.

I've seen my perfect dress online, but it's a bit expensive so I'm looking for similar things cheaper. Probably black and aubergine or grape - as I'd like a grape vine theme - we drink a lot of red wine!! Also purple is my favourite colour and green is Lee's. Don't let me go on ad nauseum about this though! Tell me to shut up!

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2013, 03:25:05 PM »

Oh no need to shut up ...... we loves a good wedding or new baby on here we does  ;)
Pages: [1] 2