Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: dr made a mistake ?  (Read 47495 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: dr made a mistake ?
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2013, 05:39:02 PM »

Hip pain is ALWAYS felt in the groin.
Back pain can radiate from the neck downwards dependant on which area is affected, there can be radiation of pain to the various muscle groups and I have sciatica at night with burning down my thighs  >:( which is never troublesome in the day.

We evolved upright - now the best evoloutionary idea  ::)

kerrieann

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2013, 05:43:12 PM »

in the groin thats where the pain is when i walk for more than 15 mins   oh heaven knows where its coming from feeling rather more confused than normal and that aint good  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2013, 02:53:18 PM »

I wonder what was in the referral letter from your GP?   You were expecting to speak to the Consultant about one issue, could it be possible that your GP mentioned some other part of the spine?

I would ring the Orthopaedic Secretary and ask what was in the referral letter.  It seems strange that a Consultant only deals with one part of the spine - the one I worked for had an interest in hand surgery so his first Clinic on a Monday morning was for those who had done silly things over the weekend - i.e. put their hand in front of a lawn mower  :-X .......... who had been seen in Casualty and referred to his Clinic.  Otherwise he and the other Surgeon dealt with the whole spine etc..

If you send me a PM with the Hospital I will look at the Surgeon's detail to whom you were referred to see whether I can find out exactly what he/she deals with.  I am intrigued  ;D

kerrieann

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2013, 03:48:45 PM »

clkd  as i said earlier in the thread when i went to gp yesterday she said they had the results  of my xrays and there showed no problems in the hips but degeneration of lower spine which she said would be why my gp didnt refer me he only referred me for the shoulder problem although that xray came back as normal ?  what i didnt realize till i got home was that the x ray results came a week after i had seen my gp and he had already given me my choose and book form  so in fact he must have forgotten to do the referral for my back but no ones going to admit that are they ? i know he was going to refer me as he kept me in there for ages telling me all about hip replacement !  i will message you the consultants name and the hospital x kerrie

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2013, 07:39:03 PM »

Got your PM and have replied  ;) - seems there's a lot of shoulder replacement surgery going on in your area! with visiting Consultants with similar interests  ??? ........... technology has advanced so have 'they' forgotten how debilitating low back pain can be! ?

What is your next plan?  Perhaps seeing the referral letter might be the way to go?  If there are NO problems in your hips or pelvis you will not be requiring a hip replacement any time soon  ;)  ::) ........... perhaps ringing both hospitals to see whether there is a Consultant who deals with your symptoms?  Then you will have a name for your GP to send the letter too  ::)

kerrieann

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2013, 10:17:27 PM »

clkd i sent a pm back to you  :)

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2013, 09:07:47 AM »

<wave> have replied  ;)

kerrieann

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2013, 04:39:10 PM »

update  i have been for the ultra sound scan on my shoulder and they told me they can see no tear in the tendons that is what the consultant wanted the scan for so thats not the problem with my shoulder and upper arm.
i also rang the consultants secretary and got her to fax the relults of the blood tests through to my gp (dont know why i had to do seems like alot of diy going on ) any way i rang my surgery and what she told me is that the doctor had seen the results of the blood tests and now wants me to have further blood tests in 2 weeks time,so now iam stressing  :( if there was nothing wrong why would he want repeat tests in 2 weeks surely they showed either something or nothing can anyone shed any light please as its worrying me.  kerrie

honeybun

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2013, 07:08:14 PM »

It could be raised white blood cell count. They often repeat a blood test for that.

It's caused by inflammation and your shoulder/hip could be causing that.
If it was anything really serious they would not wait for two weeks.
You can ask why and they would have to tell you the reason.

I know it's easy for me to say but try not to worry.

Honeyb
X

kerrieann

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2013, 08:45:50 PM »

thanks honey b i keep telling myself that if it were anything much they wouldnt wait for 2 weeks to repeat the blood tests  but i just cant think of a good reason for wanting more tests so soon  :(

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2013, 08:54:19 PM »

Give them a ring to ask?  These medics know what they know but don't often know - nor have the sense to - inform the patient  >:(

How are you generally?

kerrieann

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2013, 08:59:12 PM »

just anxious i suppose its the not knowing why he wants more blood tests thats bothering me i my opinion there either clear or not  :-\  what can change in 2 weeks ?  thanks for asking clkd x kerrie

kerrieann

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2013, 05:52:44 PM »

hi all,  been to see my gp today re. my back and hip problem and he has given me a copy of the referral letter he sent which asks for me to be seen for my shoulder and hips/lower back  that was on 4th june  he told me to ring them and ask why i was only referred to the one consultant so now i have to try and sort it out in the morning  :( i seem to be having to sort alot myself.
when asked about wanting more blood tests in 2 weeks he read the results and just said that my levels (for arthritis) were not at all high in fact lower than his and he feels that my hip pain must be coming from my lower back and so now i have to wait to see the other consultant
feels like a right mess to me and now i probably have to wait weeks to be seen.

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2013, 06:31:44 PM »

At least you have the answer!  Blood tests 'within normal limits for arthritis' ......... so to make sure that there isn't inflammation which could probably cause the blood levesl to alter, he is repeating them.

When you get the appt. sorted make sure that you are seeing the Consultant most interested in your symptoms  ;)

kerrieann

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2013, 07:31:16 PM »

clkd  yes at least now i know it wasnt my gp who made a mistake, thankfully, as it would worry me if it had been him  :)
anyway just got to sort out why they didnt do the full referral as requested by my gp that will be interesting  ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14