Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Kalms + Citalopram  (Read 16390 times)

Elena

Re: Kalms + Citalopram
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2013, 08:46:05 PM »

Nytol is just a mega dose of antihistamine.  I buy the supermarket own brand "Nytol" which is much cheaper, called Sleep Aid in Asda I think but tesco and sainsburys do them too.  Is that the same drug that you are getting from the US?  Not something like temazepam?

Whichever, I do end up with a hangover effect the next day so prefer not to take them but when I get desperate I do.  Is fine for just a few days but I hve been addicted to temazepam before now so doubt drs would prescribe them for me again.  Ditto valium, luckily I can get them from friend if I ever do need them.

Clovie

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2013, 09:07:59 AM »

No, Milliemoo, it's not any prescription drug like temazepam.
What I get in in US is diphenhydramine, which is the active ingredient in Nytol.

I used to get Boots version of Nytol (which was cheaper but the same thing) before I discovered I could get it cheaper in the US.  :)
Also you can buy melatonin over there off the supermarket shelf.
Lots of meds are cheaper over there  :) but I'm not talking about prescription strength stuff or anything like temazepam.
Can't wait to stock up again in Feb!!  ;D

Evenstar

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2013, 12:36:38 PM »

They sometimes have different names for drugs over in the US don't they :)  Are the tablets we're taking a different strength to the Nytol ones here Clovie?  Don't know if its a placebo effect but the US ones work so much better than Nytol ever did.
    We're hopefully going over again next year too so I shall  be stocking up :)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 06:51:30 PM by Evenstar »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2013, 02:58:02 PM »

Nytol  :sick02:

Clovie

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2013, 04:59:51 PM »

They sometimes have different names for drugs over in the US don't they :)  Are the tables we're taking a different strength to the Nytol ones here Clovie?  Don't know if its a placebo effect but the US ones work so much better than Nytol ever did.
    We're hopefully going over again next year too so I shall  be stocking up :)

Hi again! *waves*
I've just had a look at mine and the dose in One-a-night Nytol = 50mg per tablet, the ones I buy are 25mg per tablet but the nightly dose is 2 tablets, so they are the same but I agree the ones I get from US seem to be more potent too!!  ;D
Off topic but out of interest - whereabouts are you hoping to go in the US next year Evenstar?
We go to Florida a fair bit - for the kids you understand! ;)  ;D ;D ;D

Evenstar

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2013, 06:53:50 PM »

Snap so do we :)  ;D   Disney here we come :ola:
Pages: 1 [2]