Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Wedding  (Read 6648 times)

JJ

Re: Wedding
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2013, 07:56:19 PM »

CLKD I'm managing about 6 hours uninterrupted sleep thanks to my anti depressants, they are an older style trycyclic (my stomach wouldn't tolerate the ssri ones)  I take them of a night, the side effect is sleepiness which I find great,so I will be sticking with them until I'm at least a year post menopause. Thanks for your help :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2013, 09:12:16 AM »

You are welcome.

My idea is that you try the Valium to see how it works and how often you may require them before the wedding  ;)

Hat, coat, gloves, shoes, dress yet?????

JJ

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2013, 03:06:38 PM »

Hat, dress, shoes yes. Everything in place now, except my silly nerves. for some reason, morning is the worst time. I've tried Valium before and I have to say they rather good ;)

I waited ages to get my outfit, then managed to get some bargains now sales on. hope the weather decides to buck up in the next four weeks.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2013, 03:42:04 PM »

Mornings are my worst time  :'( - by evening I'm a different person ......... because all my committments are done with .......  :sigh:

lily

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2013, 07:53:15 PM »

Hi JJ

When my son got married and I found the morning absolutely fine as I was so busy.  Made us all a full english to set us up for the day, had shower then went to have hair and make up done, came back and had a cuppa and half a bun then got dressed.  It was just before the car came that my nerves set in and I felt really sick - (tip one) wished I had not had the full english!  But I was not sick, (tip two) kept the window in the car open a bit and kept taking deep breaths - the out ones too, slow and deep and I was fine.  Felt a bit shaky when we got there, but then there was so much happening - photos being taken and talking to everyone then the ceremony - during which I really relaxed and enjoyed and the meal and evening were so good.  It was a great event that just went by so fast, wished we could have done it all again afterwards.  (Tip three) Just enjoy it, you'll be fine. x

JJ

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2013, 10:32:07 PM »

Thanks lily, my sons wedding was a year ago, but I wasn't nervous. When I'm nervous I find it hard to eat, I'm hoping my dress will still fit. Daughters nerves kicking in a bit now too, she thinks I am cool calm and collected, I'm a good actress  ;)
Pages: 1 [2]