Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: White Coat Syndrome - BP  (Read 8215 times)

Taz2

Re: White Coat Syndrome - BP
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2013, 04:18:47 PM »

You don't have to take it at the same time CLKD. Well that was the instruction from the surgery anyway.

As a matter of interest I checked mine with OH's home kit - a Boots wrist one and it consistently showed a much lower reading than the surgery one. The first time I used it the surgery one showed 148/84 and the home one was 110/68. I was amazed at the difference but the doc says it is common depending on the type of monitor purchased. She also said how important it was to get it calibrated every two years.. OH had never had his done and has had it for four years! These are the Blood Pressure UK recommendations http://www.bloodpressureuk.org/BloodPressureandyou/Homemonitoring/Choosingyourmonitor

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2013, 06:00:28 PM »

Daft I know but this is one of the few things that just does not bother me much. I know most of the nurses at our practice and we have a bit of a blether and its done.

It's non invasive and so much easier than getting your legs in the air and then prodding your bits. No needles either.

Strange how different things bother different people. There is not much I am brave with these days.

Hope you find the solution you need.

Honeyb
X

Taz2

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2013, 06:08:57 PM »

Yep - we are all different on what worries us. I was fine with BP until it began to go up a bit! While it was cruising along at 110/70 for the past forty years it didn't worry me but now it is increasing I do find I get a bit more worried waiting for the result.

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2013, 07:51:44 PM »

My cholesterol was higher than 'they' would like a few years ago but I refused to take medication - everything I do is healthy on the whole and I am not over-weight.  As for BP, they rarely check mine and it is usually OK.  Certainly DH and the instructions suggest that BP should be taken at the same time.  Obviously if someone is more energetic and needs to check whether the readings varying because it's stress related is different, but once that has been sorted, the same time of day and not immediately after food is recommended. 

The body uses up different energies after eating which could skew the BP readings!
Pages: 1 [2]