Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Experiences of diazepam  (Read 17024 times)

lesley998

Re: Experiences of diazepam
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2013, 07:11:22 PM »

Honeybun
In answer to your question - a couple of years a go I did something to my neck, and ended up being diagnosed with something called an 'acute torticollis'  or 'wry' neck...all the muscles in the base of my neck and top of shoulders went into spasm.   Painful and very debilitating.  I was prescribed 2mg diazepam, three times a day for ten days as this is the only thing that relaxes the spasm.  I have to say, like Milliemoo...I enjoyed the feeling it gave me, and was rather looking forward to the ten day 'trip' lol,  but sadly I noticed after a few days the effects were much less noticeable and by the end, I didn't feel anything at all!!  I am glad to say at the end of the ten days my neck was fine and I was not 'craving' more diazepam! 

PJ44  - I am also not great at the dentist (understatement of the year) and have had both diazepam and IV midazolam for implants etc.  IV Midazolam is just THE greatest invention ever for dental phobics...you just get in the chair, conk out, wake up, and can't remember a thing about it. Bliss.  No one, NO ONE should spend days worrying and panicking about going to the dentist these days. Dentistry should be painless now, and has moved on from when we were girls and went through all that hell that caused us to become phobic in the first place...but I am still utterly terrified at the thought of a root canal, and I consider myself otherwise an level headed, intelligent mature woman!   Try to find a dentist who does IV sedation (midazolam) it is the answer!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2013, 07:37:36 PM »

I've had root canal, extractions and 2 implants with the 'new' dentist and have been OK because I know he is aware of my fears.

lesley998

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2013, 07:49:46 PM »

You are so lucky CLKD to have conquered it.  I have always had dentists who were aware of my fears...but I still anticipated pain, and felt it sometimes :-\

Didn't help that a particularly cack handed one actually dropped the drill in my mouth and cut my gum and under my tongue when I was about 23.  Nowadays, if I even hear the drill I go rigid  :-\

pj44

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2013, 08:42:02 AM »

Thing is I like to be in control and not being is what cause my anxiety.  I'm not actual scared of the work being done to me at the dentist its the staying in the chair all the things that go with having a filling. hate having the frozen feeling because I know that I am not in control that once it has been frozen I have hours to wait before the numbness wares off.  But certainly lately I am totally terrified and think all the time what I will eat incase  something might make my fillings come out. General anxiety is so much better but I have now replaced it with this fear which is with me all the time. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2013, 02:05:22 PM »

Speak to your dentist.  Explain the feelings of fear.  BET YOU a dollar that they will be aware of how patients are likely to feel and will discuss ways of relieving those feelings.  I HATED being trapped in that chair but we have a signal so that dentist will stop ........ and as I know that he will stop, I rarely have to use the signal.
Pages: 1 [2]