Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Museums to close  (Read 10623 times)

Evenstar

Re: Museums to close
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2013, 06:56:11 PM »

As a Home schooling Mum, that's really sad that the museum has to close. We use ours here a lot and they run so many fab activities that we regularly take part in.

honeybun

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2013, 07:08:01 PM »

Home schooling must be a huge commitment. My two were desperate to start school and I just can't imagine what it must be like taking on their education.

Will this be something you do for all your child's schooling. I have,always been interested as my nephew is considering this for his daughter. I just wondered how exams work if they want to go to uni.

Honeyb
X

Evenstar

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2013, 05:54:30 PM »

Its not something I ever thought I would do to be honest. We took her out of school a year ago because she was turning into somebody I really didn't like. Picking up such horrible anti social behaviour.
     It has to be something you really feel committed to doing but all the resources you need are online or in libraries. Also, there are getting to be so many Home Ed children these days that a lot of places offer Home ed discounts like they do for schools.
      We will consider putting her back into school when the time comes for her to think about exams, but only if we can get her a place at a decent school and she herself wants to go.
        Otherwise, Home ed children are able to do exams at home. They can sit the exams as an external candidate.  You do have to fund it yourself of course, but once you know what your child wants to do, you only need to do the relevant exams. x

Suzi Q

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2013, 11:42:33 AM »

it is a biggie its done here in Oz but only till high school and only in the BUSH
Then they go to a boarding school and its paid for by taxpayers via government
If you do homeschooling in city/town your choice you have to be a teacher or you get no money
AND government bodies check check check its not encouraged cos Ozzies are in to social skills
Quite nuts about it really but good luck to you and all kids change not just in school hehe xxx
Pages: 1 [2]