Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: No 7 Foundation  (Read 8290 times)

jaydee

No 7 Foundation
« on: June 02, 2013, 09:05:35 PM »

Hi all,
just wondered, has anybody tried that thingy machine that they put next to your skin, which tells you which shade and type of foundation you need.   Does it work?

Jaydee

honeybun

Re: No 7 Foundation
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 09:09:47 PM »

I have fancied getting this done.

The number of foundations that I have bought that have looked good in the shop and have made me looked either like a ghost or that I have been out in the sun too long are numerous.

Must have cost a fortune over the years.

If you have it done let us know how it goes.

Honeyb
X

smudgesmum

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 09:38:13 PM »

The best foundation I have found for 'older' skins is Clarins - go to the counter and the consultant will match you up.  They also give you a sample to try at home before you buy

Dyan

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 07:22:10 AM »

Yes I've tried that thingy machine at Boots ;D
I was surprised to be told that I was a deeply beige.
I had been using ivory for years and must admit did look ghostly.
The foundation was good but I've since found a different one I like M.Asam
Magic finish which I bought from the shopping channel ideal world.
It looks like mud when you open it but it adapts to your skin colour and you can put on as little or as much as you want depending on what you want to conceal.It has a lovely silky texture and very easy to apply.
A few people have told me I look younger :)

It costs £19.99 + pp but I can't get hold of any at the moment not even on
ebay.
I do know that it will be on ideal world this Thursday at 3pm so I will be watching and hoping they'll have a good offer on.

joyce21

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 04:01:03 PM »

I tried it a while ago, and came out as Calico, which is quite pale, as i am lol. I bought the lift and luminate from them, and I have to say, it's brilliant, one of the best I've ever used, so much so, I've just bought my 2nd one, because the 1st one is nearly used up, and I'd hate to run out. I did try clarins on their free trial thing, but it seemed a lot thinner than the no7.

joyce x

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 05:10:33 PM »

I now use a no 7 one which adjusts to my skin colour. Went to try the machine one, but they didn't have anyone available at the time.  It was darker than I would have picked normally, but it blends well.

lesley998

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 05:45:00 PM »

Double Wear light, by Estee Lauder is absolutely gorgeous, and really does stay on all day.  The shade I wear is an absolute match for my skin.  It is light...but great coverage as I have some horrible broken veins on my nose and chin and this really covers them up.

susie56

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 07:12:55 PM »

Yes I had this done and the warm ivory they recommended has been the best foundation I've ever tried.  Colour gives a natural look which I enhance with a little bronzer.  I think it's great.  Have always thought being pale I needed a darker shade but I was wrong.  The assistant also said you shouldn't put foundation on your neck.  If you get the colour right it should tone in.