Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Are you indecisive  (Read 13911 times)

ellie

Are you indecisive
« on: June 02, 2013, 10:26:10 AM »

The older I get the more indecisive I become, it is really bothering me now.....I cannot seem to make a decision...For instance, I have recently had to choose a new carpet, we really need a new one ....Well I was sure I knew just what I wanted , but in the shop there were so many to choose from.   It took me weeks to finally choose one, and now it is getting near the delivery date, I am loosing sleep because I am sure I picked the wrong one  >:(.......I am like this with everything......what on earth is wrong with me, I never used to be like this.
At one time I could walk in a shop, choose something and that was that....
I hate feeling like this  :'( Anyone else the same....or is it just stupid me  :(

Taz2

Re: Are you indecisive
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 10:48:14 AM »

Yes - same here. My family call it "the dithers". I am sure it will pass eventually.

Taz x  :hug:

Limpy

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 11:08:45 AM »

You are not alone.
Every time I make a decision I change my mind.
Silly really
It's not I can't make a decision - I make lots - all about the same thing

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 01:05:39 PM »

I make the decision then DH puts the doubts in .......... so I then decide to wait  ::)
It's food choices that are the most difficult when I'm here on my own!

ladybug50

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 05:25:53 PM »

I dont think so, I might be, i'm not really sure.
I could be , it depends on the day.
But once I've made up my mind , that's it, usually....... ;D

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 05:28:10 PM »

You're so not alone. I'm waiting new living room furniture and in total panic. Have to get old stuff out day before new stuff arrives. Old stuff going to charity and they can pick up fairly quickly, fortunately. I'm worried new stuff won't fit, despite several measurements to check. Why do we torture ourselves like this?

nelliedee

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 06:22:52 PM »

Not only am I indecisive lately but have also made a few cracking wrong decisions in the last 3 years  ::) Like you, I was never like this before.  I have been planning 1 bedroom carpet for sons room who is finishing Uni this week, I still havent even entered the store !!! My husband has always always been indecisive and I used to find it odd !!! looks like i'm the odd bod these days lol x

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2013, 07:01:57 PM »

I can't make up my mind.

;D

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2013, 07:39:22 PM »

;D

lesley998

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2013, 05:52:10 PM »

Ellie, oh you are not alone.  I am awful.  I can't even make decisions on the simplest of things...like what to get for the evening meal these days.  I used to just get on and do things, now I always seem to be asking DH what do do.  I even phoned him from Asda the other day to ask if he wanted fish pie or lasagne...lol!  I think it is because I have lost so much confidence, coupled with this mild anxiety, I just feel every decision I make is bound to be the wrong one.  God help me if I ever have to choose something important.

Rosebush

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2013, 09:25:12 PM »

Took me 7mths to choose/buy curtains  ::)

Limpy

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2013, 02:44:44 PM »

Took me 7mths to choose/buy curtains  ::)

You can't rush these things......

nelliedee

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2013, 06:02:34 AM »

lol  ;D

ellie

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2013, 08:02:32 AM »

It took me weeks to decide on the wallpaper to go with the carpet etc : then it came to the curtains  ::)  >:( ......in the end I asked a well know store to send someone  to advise me, she chose the material straight away. Something I would never have chosen ,but perfect match to everything.
    Rather expensive , (DH) almost fainted lol......

Joyce

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2013, 10:25:03 AM »

But it will be worth it in the long run, if it looks good!

We couldn't decide on new ceiling light fitting. Knew what I liked but DH didn't. I wanted modern, he wanted borin. He chose one almost identical to one we had and I said that we weren't changing it if that was his choice. Took him to John Lewis, and we both liked the same fitting. Cost quite a bit, plus needed electrician to fit it as DH doesn't do DIY. Now just waiting on furniture. Sure hope it all looks good when finished. Curtains may take me a while, but ones I've got are fine for now.
Pages: [1] 2