Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Sertraline  (Read 2318 times)

Lucky Stone

Sertraline
« on: May 30, 2013, 11:09:13 AM »

Been to the doc's today and she did an anxiety questionnaire on me and has prescribed sertraline. Anyone else had this? She's also said she will refer me to a psychologist to try and break the pattern of my unwanted thoughts surrounding eating. I've just taken half a tablet - as recommended - and know they take a few days to kick in, feel alright at the moment but am a bit wary of SSRIs generally.  ??? Input would be welcome from anyone. Thanks.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Sertraline
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 11:38:22 AM »

If you use the search button there are several references here that come up  ;)

Eating can soon be a problem for me, or rather, not being able to eat.  The thing I have found is not to get hungry but to eat before my body requires sustenance.  Dried fruits and nuts help as do Dextrose tablets.

lindyloo

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 08:19:09 PM »

Hi there  sending via phone !
So here goes !
Sertraline has really helped me to control constant worrying not taken it away
Completely but helped me cope as I have always been such a terrible worrier !
Does make you feel bit sick an sleepy to start with  but stick with it an those feelings
Will go and you'll feel better I hope  :D

Love Lindyloo

Lucky Stone

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 09:14:29 PM »

Well lindyloo, I am on day 2 (that's two halves of tablet or 25mg as the doc recommended), haven't felt sick yet or really sleepy which may change as I increase the dose next week but I am starting to feel different and in a good way. Just a lot more chilled. Who knows whether this is a kind of placebo effect as it is early days - did have a couple of tensy moments this afternoon but they went as quickly as they came. Fingers crossed that this continues. Thanks for your input, good to know how they helped you.  :) I have always worried about everything so I can identify with that. xx