News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Jeans  (Read 11305 times)

bramble

Jeans
« on: May 27, 2013, 03:27:37 PM »

Have just ordered a pair of Gardeur jeans and a pair of NYDJ (my excuse is that I am fed up!). Anyone had any experience of them?

Bramble

honeybun

Re: Jeans
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 03:39:56 PM »

Sounds good Bramble.

I usually end up with jeans from Next as they fit so well.

I also buy Primark ones for just this and that stuff. They are cheap and cheerful but do the job.

Let us know how they fit.

Nothing like a bit of retail therapy to cheer you up.

Honeyb
X

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 03:54:26 PM »

This is the bane of my life at the moment... I just can't find any that fit properly! It's not helped by being 4ft 10ins!

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 04:51:30 PM »

Not found a good fitting pair yet. Think my body shape is all wrong.  ::)

kerrieann

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 05:17:55 PM »

me too i think my waist has vanished in the last few years so if they fit on the waist they are baggy on my bum  ;D

Elena

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 05:34:29 PM »

what's a waist?  ;D

I rarely wear jeans, they hurt my tummy after a while :(  I do have a nice pair of Levis though.

kerrieann

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 05:41:00 PM »

a waist is where i used to wear some lovely belts on my jeans  ;D now its all long tops to cover my where my waist once was  :(

bramble

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2013, 07:43:12 PM »

My jeans will be arriving on Wednesday so will let you know how they are. I normally buy the Roma jeans from M&S but the quality of them has gone right downhill lately (they are much thinner than usual) so thought I would treat myself to a 'designer' pair (or two). Have ordered the NYDJ in black size 12 (N&S size 10 normally but they said they are a bit on the small side) and the Gardeur ones in a 10 and a 12 in blue. Quite excited about them so I am. Must be bored!
Bramble.

littleminnie

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 09:52:21 AM »

I've got a few pairs of the Roma jeans, I also like the Slim fit jeans from Next.

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 10:21:15 AM »

My old ones are Roma but the new Romas are absolute rubbish. As bramble says the material is really flimsy and, worse, they don't fit properly. I seem to need a size 11  ;D

bramble

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2013, 05:27:34 PM »

One more sleep!

Bramble

Hurdity

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2013, 07:12:00 PM »

I've never worn designer jeans as most jeans look much the same really once they are covered up  ;D - but - of course I have no waist that disappeared long ago (!) and I am also very short ( 5ft 1 ins at the last count) - so mine are all low waist and fitted, narrow leg which I think is the most flattering, and wear longish fitted T shirts or tunics over the top. I don't buy any garment that has a waist where the waist once was!
I usually have to cut something off any jeans that I buy and sew them up again or else have the crumpled up around the ankles look - which seems OK with some jeans and works with boots in winter!!
For me M&S always seem to over compensate on the waist and never fit me properly - but we are all a different shape!!

Hurdity  x

bramble

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2013, 08:39:21 PM »

I have never spent a lot of money on clothes. I am a M&S, Matalan, T*sco kind of girl since I retired. Used to buy suits and that when I was working but mainly wear jeans nowadays. So buying expensive jeans is way out of my normal orbit. But what the heck - if they fit good, I will keep them and relish wearing them. Can't wait!
Bramble

smudgesmum

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2013, 08:41:57 PM »

I have just bought a pair of M&S Speziale (sp) jeans, they are fab and fit perfectly.

Smudgesmum x

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2013, 02:09:23 PM »

I have a couple of pairs of Gardeur jeans and trousers and they are very well made and therefore a good fit.  Funnily enough I have an ancient pair of stone coloured Gardeur cords on today, they are years old and still tons of wear in them. :)
Pages: [1] 2