Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Amitriptyline - permanent weight gain?  (Read 21770 times)

Greyhoundgal

Re: Amitriptyline - permanent weight gain?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2013, 12:26:01 PM »

I've been taking 10mg since last year and have recently upped to 20mg - I take mine about an hour before I go to bed and it helps me stay asleep during the night.  Haven't noticed any particular weight gain though and the woozy head feeling does pass after a while :)

daisie

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2013, 01:47:41 PM »

sounds like me i love yougart eat loads of it ,,cant believe it iv a craving for ice cream now..dont know where that cravings come from i eat it nearly every night.then i feel so guilty after..wonder if its a menopause thing as well x daisie

Limpy

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2013, 03:31:03 PM »

Thanks Greyhoundgal - I think the brain fog wooziness may be improving a little (3 days so far), hope so   :)

Wendi & Daisie - Yoghurt HAS to be healthy, so it's no problem if we eat lots of it surely?
Ooops forgot I tried that logic with Chocolate.........   ;D

Smokey

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2013, 05:45:23 PM »

Hi Limpy,

Just wanted to say my hubby was on Amitriptllyne to prevent migraine, he was on it for six months and he did put on weight but lost it again when he stopped, he was told by doctor to just stop takings it  as it did nothing to prevent his migraines and made him feel bloated and tired all the time I can tell you that the side effects if you stop taking it suddenly are a bit like hay fever and a bit like your coming down with a cold but did pass after about a month.

Have you thought about trying Nortriptyline again as I think you said you had tried it before as that works for tension heads and also works well for nerve pain for my ms the starting dose is 30mg and for some people works at this low dose it got rid of my tension heads at 30mg and nerve pain at 65mg  sometimes even 5mg dose is the difference between pain and no pain.
It doesn't make you put on weight, or make you zoned out or sleepy well not me anyway.

Hope this helps

Ann

Limpy

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2013, 06:11:19 PM »

Hi Smokey,

I really didn't want to go on Amitriptyline again, but the headaches have been getting worse along with pain along my right hand side. I thought I would try Amit again, to at least get some sleep. I haven't been getting as brain dead this time, so we will see.

I see the GP in a month, so probably will talk about Nortriptyline then.
The trouble is, I had my biggest MS type fall when on Nortripyline.  ???
But needs must, not entirely convinced Amittriptyline is doing much for the pain   :-\

Thanks

Pages: 1 [2]