Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Am I too old?  (Read 8464 times)

Joyce

Am I too old?
« on: May 21, 2013, 03:42:56 PM »

I would love to buy some wedges for the summer. Am I too old? I have little tiny ones but fancy a pair of chunkier ones. I'm going to be 57 next week and fancy pair out of Next. Would anyone really care if I was mutton dressed as lamb?  ;D

ellie

Re: Am I too old?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 04:28:34 PM »

The simple answer is NO you are not too old......go for it girl  :cheer:

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 05:09:35 PM »

Definitely not too old for anything!
Grow old disgracefully....
Our generation can do it like none before - we've been through the 60's and 70's
My neighbour has some and she is 71 - she wears leggings and long T shirts and looks fab even though she is lined and has completely white (but thick) hair.

Hurdity x

littleminnie

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 05:55:15 PM »

Definitely not! Get them bought!
LM x

Limpy

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 06:19:14 PM »

Go girl go......     :hapij: :hapij: :hapij:
See, wedges are totally practical
No problems at all

Evenstar

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 06:30:28 PM »

Oh no of course you're not. I like them too. ;D

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 06:52:58 PM »

Well I hope not because I have one pair and want another.

I am not very tall and think that some clothes hang better with a bit of a higher heel.......so you go for it.

Have you seen anything that takes your fancy yet.

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 07:02:04 PM »

Online I have. There's a pair in Next called Nautical Eva Wedges. They are not too expensive either. DD has said she'll go shopping with me when they come up. Of course haven't told hubby I'm about to spend his money! ;D

honeybun

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 07:09:02 PM »

Oh I like them. And they are not too high. You will still be able to drink wine on your holidays and not fall over.  ;D

I have a dressy peach leather pair but would like ones that have a covered in toes to wear on cooler days....well most days....that still have a wedge but are more every day.

Can't find what I am looking for yet.....Don't want crocks though.

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 09:37:00 PM »

Crocs are ugly, but they are rather comfy. I got cheap ones in Asda once, so didn't break the bank. But I only use poolside on holiday. Didn't take last summer and ended up buying flipflops in the Bahamas. Most expensive flipflops I've ever bought. Cost me £15!  ::)

I doubt I could walk in high wedges. Had a pair back in 70's which hubby detested, said they looked like some kind of surgical shoe. TBH they weren't very comfy at all. Made with two strong elastic strips across the foot. But, I wore them just to get my money's worth out of them.  ;D

Hannah1

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 04:28:02 PM »

You go for it Cubagirl - I wear wedges a lot and I am 60.  I love fashion - you can look modern without looking like mutton.  My neighbour is 82 and still wears crop trousers and jeans and looks great.  She never looks like mutton and looks younger.

Hannah