Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hair!  (Read 13307 times)

bramble

Hair!
« on: May 17, 2013, 08:38:05 PM »

The last few years my hair has got thinner and flatter, lacking any body. Can anyone recommend a volumiser shampoo and/or conditioner?

Bramble

Dyan

Re: Hair!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 08:51:59 PM »

Hi Bramble,
I've found Dove pro age shampoo & conditioner very good for my hair.
I was noticing that I was losing hair on the pillow and in the shower.

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 09:04:15 PM »

I like Pantene....the one that does not cause a build up that causes flat hair.

I change my shampoo quite regularly as I find using the same one all the time makes my hair dull.

I don't use conditioner that much and only on the ends as acai it makes it flat and dull.

I do like a good volumising mousse.

Honeyb
X

Evenstar

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 09:08:17 PM »

I've always had really really thick hair and am always trying to thin it down ;D

Rowan

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 10:30:17 AM »

Same here it was OK when it was very long, very thick, people use to come up and touch it and say was it real :o, now I have cut it really short in a boyish cut with a fringe, I have to be careful to keep it trimmed ( I do it myself) or else it tends to grow out sideways and look like a triangle.

I use Pantene clarifying shampoo to avoid build up and a light conditioner so as not to weight it down.

John Freida make a good luxurious thickening blow dry lotion, or alternatively luxurious thickening mousse.

Try to make sure you eat plenty of protein and take good multi vitamin and mineral supplement aimed at skin and hair, also an egg a day.

http://www.top10homeremedies.com/superfoods/10-superfoods-to-prevent-hair-loss.html

When I was younger I use to have brewers yeast powder mixed with pineapple juice every day, it did wonders for skin hair and nails.

Hope this helps. 

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 11:06:10 AM »

I'm the same silverlady. Thick hair genes my family's side.  ;D

I chop & change hair products, but Charles Worthington does a Big Hair range which works well. Only place up here which stocks it is Boots.

ellie

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2013, 02:59:09 PM »

I swear by Redken thickening lotion NO 6, it's simply the best, better than all the rest ( oh I feel a song coming on )  ;D......Hair thins as hormone levels dip, and not a lot we can do except eat a well balanced diet, get a blunt cut , and don't let products build up...Use a clarifying shampoo every couple of weeks...If you blow dry your hair, dry it slightly before applying your product.....Also, don't put too much conditioner on and make sure it's one for fine hair, and thickening shampoos do help.........

Blue

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2013, 03:17:28 PM »

Sorry don't mean to hijack thread, Bramble as I have thick hair, so sorry can't help.

What's a clarifying shampoo?
I get residue with Pantene, but I struggle to comb hair with other shampoos unless i use loads of conditioner, which again leaves hair flat and sometimes dull.

ellie

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2013, 03:44:45 PM »

Clarifying shampoo helps to strip out the residue that other shampoos etc leave behind.....

Rowan

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2013, 04:05:39 PM »

Pantene clarifying shampoo is good for thick or thin hair I never use any other shampoo

Hurdity

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2013, 06:15:19 PM »

Hi bramble

My hair is thick/wavy but has defo got thinner and flatter compared to my younger days!
I use a mousse when it's wet and then bunch it up on my head with one hand and dry it with hair dryer (as I have that sort of style) and it gives it amazing body without looking artificial. No need to put mousse on every day - I wash mine every three but the mousse seems to stay in there - but I repeat this every morning and looks OK. Not sure how it would work on this hair but give it a try! No point in having bad hair days!

Hurdity x

bramble

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 03:42:59 PM »

I bought John Fri*da hair shampoo, conditioner and mouse, all of the volumising range, and they have definitely made a difference. My hair has more body and is not so flat. Shall see how it goes.

Bramble

Taz2

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2013, 04:05:26 PM »

I like Pantene but it brings my scalp up in a really sore rash within half an hour of using it  >:(

joyce21

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2013, 05:34:45 PM »

I have the opposite problem, my hair is really really thick and curly/wavy, I'm always looking for products that make it flatter and thinner, but alas they are few and far between, if anyone knows of any can you let me know please x

bramble

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2013, 06:47:28 PM »

Joyce,
I used to use John Fr*eda products Frizz-Ease shampoo and conditioner years ago for that same problem and they worked well. Now of course years later, I have the opposite problem!!!!!

Bramble
Pages: [1] 2