Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: I'm the only one in my family who is not out enjoying themselves tonight!  (Read 7953 times)

Taz2

It's a Wednesday night and I'm at home and was just realising that everyone else in my family is out... doing something... inrteresting....

Number one son is in London at a Phosphorescent gig

Number two son (sounds like a bowel movement!) is in London having just seen the Book of Mormon musical and is now on his way to a restaurant for some grub

Number three son is at a baseball match in Philadelphia praying it doesn't rain

Husband is about to meet up with some friends up the pub.

Today I have washed and ironed husband's clothes, cleaned the house, did some shopping, picked up his dry cleaning. I have booked some gig tickets for number one son and then found out about a book that number two son seemed not to have been able to find for himself. I have kept number three son in touch about the current state of his left-behind-guitars and sorted out a birthday present for him to send to someone else here in the UK. I went to work for a few hours.

So.. it seems as if everyone is all set up to have a fun time and I am sat here. Time for the pub myself I think!

Does anyone else ever think along these lines?

Taz x

lily

Yep, happens here too - although I quite like having the place to myself, you do get lots done and no one to mess up the newly done housework.

Taz2

There's only the two of us here so that's not really an issue anymore. It's time I got out more!

Taz x

littleminnie

You could always watch the football Taz .......

Taz2

Football? What's that then?  :na:

littleminnie

I'm not sure but my OH seems to watch it a lot.

Limpy

There are definite advantages when everybody else is out.
You get to sit and read all the books you want, without being pestered by questions or comments on the world (usually oft repeated). Also, you can watch what YOU want on the TV.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

I agree with Limpy  ;)

Joyce

Ah to be in charge of the remote!  ;D Now there's something that seldom happens to me, especially after 6pm.   ;D

Hurdity

Wow Taz - I don't even know what any of my children are doing this pm!! They are all living away - two at uni. Probably good thing as then I can't think along those lines!!!   I suppose I was also out enjoying myself to some extent - but it was (enjoyable) work!!

Well it is the middle of the week so most of us in work might not be out on the town... these young people always having a good time. ::)

Pub sounds like a good idea though - ours sadly closed a few weeks ago. Hope it was enough fun!

lily - I like the house to myself too - but not to do housework!! Keep that to a minimum.....  ;D

Hurdity x

Taz2

Yep - the pub was good - a lot of Chelsea fans in who were obviously in a happy mood. It seems to be the football thing that littleminnie mentioned  ;D

Hurdity - I only know where they are due to Twitter or Facebook updates. They are all living away from home.

I think I just meant that as mums we spend a lot of years ensuring that our children are well equipped to get on in life and then they do and we are sort of trailing behind everyone. Takes a bit of sorting out where to go and what to do next!

Taz x

Hurdity

Yes of course FB! That probably means mine were not having fun either (or not posting a status!).... well one has to get up at 6.30 every day for work and drive to Wales, another should be revising for exams. Another has just finished final year project and all assignments so is probs celebrating somewhere (at uni!) for a couple of weeks, and the other - her updates on Twitter are very cryptic and rarely goes on FB, and I often forget too! Haven't really got to grips with Twitter - it is passing me by that one.

I know what you mean re children - exactly - ones whole life is orientated towards their well being and sending them off into the world happy and well-balanced and then it's just us mothers left to work out a new direction. The scariest thing is wondering where the years have gone and how did they manage to fly by that quickly. Also when my children come home I look at them and think (and say sometimes!) - how did you get to be like that? ie a big grown-up person. It happens without you noticing while you are busy with rearing them.

Are you beginning to feel a bit empty nest-ish by any chance since your son has gone on his travels? Sounds like he is having a good time anyway.

Hurdity x