Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: rain on wedding day  (Read 14311 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: rain on wedding day
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2013, 09:43:09 AM »

I did too.  We had a really HOT Summer in 1975 but 2 weeks before our date it POURED!  I even saw the rain turn around in the street  :o

DH said he was going fishing if it was sunny, I told the Vicar I wouldn't be there if it rained .............

The day dawned bright, breezy and sunny.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 01:17:05 PM by CLKD »

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2013, 12:37:36 PM »

Don't get too despondent - forecasts can change you know.  Hope you have a fantastic day whatever the weather  :)

lily

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2013, 07:19:18 PM »

At least you will have two chances to have outside photos taken if you are wearing your dress again for the reception.  Enjoy your day/s.

joyce21

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2013, 03:23:14 PM »

Hi Clio
This time last year I was getting ready for mine, it was lovely and sunny, everyone telling me how fab it would be if the weather stayed the same, then on the day (3rd june, queens boat ride up the thames thing) it was raining, but it cleared up now and then, luckily it was at the right times, so i wouldn't worry to much, we still had the best day of our lives, it was me and him and the people we loved the most, and that was all that mattered really. We got some lovely pics, most of which we had taken inside anyway, of the ceremony, signing the register etc. then the meal and 1st dance and all that jazz, honestly don't fret, just enjoy the day and try to drink every detail, because it goes so fast. i'll be thinking of you, and hope you have the day you've dreamed of, I'm sure you will.

xxx

clio

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2013, 04:40:49 AM »

Thankyou joyce, ive been keeping close eye on forecast, this morning it said, 19 degrees with cloud n sun so its changed and looking much better and warmer. Please just dont change your mind and rainvon me. B-)

Dyan

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2013, 06:26:24 AM »

Just want to wish you 'All the Best' for your wedding day.

I got married in March and the weather could have been anything but it was a lovely sunny but crisp morning.
So don't worry! :)

Joyce

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2013, 07:34:25 AM »

2 more sleeps clio.

Your latest forecast will be more accurate than previous ones you looked at. It's looking good on Sunday my neck of the woods too.

Have a wonderful day!

joyce21

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2013, 04:15:11 PM »

Have a lovely day, and I'm a teeny bit jealous, wish i was doing it all over again  :)

xx

clio

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2013, 04:47:48 AM »

Gosh, one more sleep to go. Picked my dress up on thursday. It was a off the peg dress which they did alterations too. They also was replacing some of the beads and sequins that had come off but when I git it hone they hadnt. I was really upset, my fella took me to hobhycraft to buy some so today after work I will b spending the afternoon sewing them on instead if relaxing and painting my nails etc. I could of gone bk to shop but I wld of only caused a seen and I rather do it myself and know it was done properly. Even though it was off the peg my mum paid alot of money for it plus the head dress and the alterations etc. They cldnt b more helpful when I was a pertential customer but when they got ur money they cldnt careless.

Dyan

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2013, 09:53:27 AM »

:bighug:That's often the way Clio.
No after care once they've got your money >:(
The only time I've had excellent after care service was when I bought a Citroen car a few years ago from my local garage.
They were brilliant and still ring me on the odd occasion ,as a courtesy call,to say if they can be of any help to me in the future.

Hope your day goes well for you and I'm sure you'll look beautiful.
All the best Clio.
 :congrats:

Dyan x  :)

Joyce

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2013, 11:14:08 AM »

UK weather looks dry for tomorrow. Some areas to get sun. Not sure where you are, but it's looking fine.

What a shame about your dress. However, I would still make a complaint. Say you discovered the missing beads & sequins were still missing & you had to fix yourself at last minute. Not what you need.

My bridesmaid made own dress with help from another of our friends. They accidentally cut lining too short. Dress was chiffon so 2 days before wedding they were sewing on an extra piece. Never showed.

clio

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2013, 03:11:12 AM »

Hi ladies, I had the most fantastic day, weather dry - yipee, cloudy but not cold. Been up since 2am as cant sleep, still buzzing plus if im honest alittle emotional. I was shaking walking down the isle and even worse saying vows, my hubby (he he) held my hand tight reasurringly, he was so wonderful. Just 7 of us intotal, my word if it was a church full I would of been petrefied. Plus minister, registrar, caretaker and organist. Must be the smallest wedding history, we rattled around in that church but I was christened in that church so was special being married there. Nice meal after then came home, honeymoon next and reception friday, decorating my own cake which I bought from m&s, the price they charge fir a decorated  ???wedding omg!!!! So out came the ribbon n bows, im sure will look ok and alot cheaper. Thanks again ladies for your replies, nice to be able to share with someone as I didnt have bridemaids or even someone to go wedding shopping with, did it all on my own which was a little lonely but never mind.

Joyce

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2013, 07:40:21 AM »

So happy you had a lovely day Clio. Here was you worrying about it raining. Although we married nearly 36 years ago, we didn't want fuss and only 10 of us altogether.

Did you get lots of lovely photos?

Limpy

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2013, 09:30:43 AM »

Glad it all went well      :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2013, 12:35:43 PM »

So pleased it went well for you both.  Many congratulations on the start of your wedded life  :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3