Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: rain on wedding day  (Read 14322 times)

clio

rain on wedding day
« on: May 13, 2013, 06:58:19 PM »

Its forecast heavy rain on my wedding day this sunday, what do I do bout my photos? I cant stand outside in the rain. Im really down.

honeybun

Re: rain on wedding day
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 07:02:22 PM »

Is there anywhere at the venue that you can take indoor shots.

Sorry I can't remember where you said it was taking place but most venues have somewhere suitable.

I am sure you will have a wonderful day rain or shine.

Honeyb
X

clio

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 07:39:16 PM »

We get married in my local church this sunday, we r having our reception the following friday as we wernt going to hav an evening do but I changed my mind. Its always nice to hav pics of the church too otherwise we might aswell of got married at registar office and saved loads of money. I knew something wld go wrong.

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 07:54:25 PM »

You just can't rely on the weather in this country.

Is there the possibility of photos jut inside the church door. And of course there will be the ones of you signing the register.

You never know you may be able to fit some in between the showers.

Honeyb
X

clio

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 08:33:09 PM »

just wanted a perfect day.  :'(

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 08:38:35 PM »

It will be perfect......It's only weather.

Let us know how it all goes

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 09:29:32 PM »

It will be perfect! You will be there, hubby to be will be there. Rained on my big day too, but the sun shone as we came out.  Our limo driver was at the ready as I went in with his big umbrella. We married at registry office, but most pictures taken where we went to eat later.  Someone told me it was lucky! I've been lucky enough to be married now to my lovely hubby for nearly 36 years. I'm sure minister will keep you right as far as indoor photos are concerned.

Wishing you all the luck in the world!  :foryou:

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 10:36:56 PM »

I'm sure that you wont even notice the weather clio - once the day gets started it will pass in a whirl of happiness and confetti! 

Taz x

clio

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 05:37:19 AM »

Thankyou ladies, its taken 45years to find mr right and I so wanted a perfect day. Ive got the most amazing dress which mum bought for me as I wasnt happy with the one I bought, its so important to me to have loads of photos of my big day. We had rehearsal last sunday it was really nerve wracking. Also the trees are full of pink blossom near the doors which wld look fab on photos. Please god let the sun come out. X

Scampi

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 07:16:53 AM »

Forecast rain doesn't mean it WILL rain.  But even if it does you will still be able to get some lovely photos - wedding photographers are very good at making the best of any situation.

Whatever the weather, it will be wonderful day - the important bit is you are marrying Mr Right - all the rest is just decoration.

It rained the day my parents got married - they were happily married for over 45 years when Dad sadly died last year.  They do say rain on a wedding day is lucky (if it does rain, check your brolly afterwards - someone filled my Mum's umbrella with confetti on her wedding day (11 September) .... unfortunately she didn't need it again until mid-November!!!  So there she was, walking through Leeds centre 2 months after her wedding, covered in confetti!!!).

Have a great day, whatever the weather - it will be wonderful.

milly

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 11:22:41 AM »

Aww Clio.. don't let this worry spoil your anticipation of your wonderful day.

My daughter got married at Christmas last year, it was torrential rain, both cars, rolls and daimler broke down on the way as they had to go thro' floods, and we were rescued by a farmer, and ended up arriving in a sheep truck, me, daughter, bridesmaids and my husband.. very late,but we all laughed our way thro' it, we have lovely photos... photographers are very clever...so in spite of the weather the happiness was there, and it will be for you.

Firewalker50

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 11:32:49 AM »

HI Clio

If you have waited all this time, then it will be right - whatever the weather and whatever happens.
Take a large pretty white umbrella and have fun with it in the photographs.
Use your smile to light up any dreariness the weather may bring.
Speak to your photographer (assuming you have hired one) and discuss contingency plans if it does rain.

If vicar/minister/priest allows, perhaps use inside against stained glass as backdrop if you can.
Use floral decorations.  Use unusual architecture to create interesting photographs.

You will also be able to take lots of photographs at the wedding reception with your friends and family(I assume you are going to wear your beautiful dress then too).   

Actually, the most interesting and awesome photographs I have seen recently have been inside with light coming in through windows and using the architecture. 

Have a look through the internet at other wedding photographs and look for inspiration and ideas for other photographs to include.

Wishing you a wonderfully happy day, with or without rain, with our without cherry blossom, and a very happy life together.

Fx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2013, 11:35:35 AM »

Also: keep your dresses!  You can go back when the sun shines and get 'proper' photos to back up those if it does rain on Sunday.  I so wanted sunshine and we were lucky (1975).  Nothing is perfect  ;) but you will enjoy it.  Because it's you they are looking at and you are marrying the man you LOVE!

ellie

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2013, 03:09:24 PM »

Clio, the weather forcast for today where I live, was for rain and wind all day.......and it's been a lovely sunny day, no wind either...so don't get too worried, they rarely get it right....
Have a wonderful day  :)

clio

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2013, 07:15:24 PM »

Thankyou all so much, ive been getting in a right state with the weather, i'll just keep my fingers crossed. Xx
Pages: [1] 2 3